#1 sung eun

sung eun

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:jeongmin

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

FEATURE ON HAIR: DONGHYUN

Here's Donghyun's hair review! *u*
Read more to find out what our reviewer, Mimmie, thinks about his hairstyles over the eras!

tumblr_inline_mpy7qpQM4o1qz4rgp.jpg

cr: p.haroro

tumblr_inline_mpy7r2Vlfm1qz4rgp.jpg

cr. Boy Friend☆tomo

First up we have Donghyun’s looks from Boyfriend’s debut times. He sports a simple yet eye-catching cut, rather short hair with his bangs moved to the side. In most of the official photos and the MV as well, Donghyun has a dark red hair - Not something too extreme. However, during some events and performances his hair had a very strong and effectful red color. While Donghyun looks wonderful with darker hair colors, the red color gives him a playful yet mature look. As red is considered a deep color, often associated with sexiness, it fits our leader nicely and looks very good on him.

tumblr_inline_mpy7roSX6j1qz4rgp.jpg

cr. gouxiaochou  

tumblr_inline_mpy7s2EpzR1qz4rgp.jpg

cr. @G_BoyFriend

In Don’t Touch My Girl, Donghyun’s hairdo is cut even shorter, and has a very dark color. No more red hair! Especially the bangs are much shorter than in Boyfriend era which makes this haircut stand out a lot, but other than that it’s not much different from before. This gives Donghyun a more mature and serious look, which fits the concept of Don’t Touch My Girl very well.

tumblr_inline_mpy7sij3Fh1qz4rgp.jpg

cr. 소년은 소년을 만난다

tumblr_inline_mpy7u2jVNc1qz4rgp.png

Now, this change is rather dramatic! Leaving the not-too-crazy concept of Boyfriend and Don’t Touch My Girl, Donghyun’s haircut for I’ll Be There is extreme! The color is essentially the same, his hair has been styled from the back up to his forehead, leaving a very attention-grabbing result. While this haircut doesn’t necessarily look bad on Donghyun, it brings the attention away from his facial features with how elaborate and different it is. I would like to add that in many performances and events from this era, Donghyun had a more simple haircut which is much more similiar to his style during the Boyfriend era! I am guessing because of the unique style for this haircut, a more simple one fits performances and events better.

tumblr_inline_mpy7uvkWQf1qz4rgp.jpg

cr. @BF95line

tumblr_inline_mpy7v9ahvl1qz4rgp.jpg

cr. @BF95line

For Love Style, the most visible change we see here is the color of Donghyun’s hair! A light brown shade, which fits the stylish yet mature theme of Love Style rather well. The cut itself bears some resemblance to his I’ll Be There style, but is a little less dramatic. His hair still is thick on top of his head but a lot shorter on the sides. It gives him a messy look, almost like bed hair! A daring yet not too extreme cut that works well on Donghyun. It gives him a mature aura, but not completely hiding playfulness and energy.

tumblr_inline_mpy7w61GPG1qz4rgp.jpg

cr. kpopscans

tumblr_inline_mpy7wc4ivx1qz4rgp.jpg

cr. @BF95line

The main concept of Donghyun’s hair in Janus is similiar to Love Style and I’ll Be There, but now his hair is very dark (again!). This gives a feeling of change, but if you look closely there is still the concept of a messy look, with shaved sides. This hairstyle certainly moves the focus to Donghyun’s beautiful face, specifically his forehead and eyebrows! Another Janus style for Donghyun is the style in the music video. Shaved sides and bangs to the side gives a very dramatic appearance which highlights his facial features! For I YAH, the concept is similiar to Donghyun’s untidy-looking hairstyle for Janus, but his hair is even more roughed up, now also covering the forehead a little bit more!

tumblr_inline_mpy7xoGiqx1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mpy7yfHBtu1qz4rgp.jpg

Lastly, I would like to highlight Donghyun in Boyfriend’s most recent korean music video, ON&ON! Here we have clearly returned to the memories of the Boyfriend era, moving away from the bed hair cut to a more stylish look with the bangs fixed to the side. Giving Donghyun a more playful and younger look, he captured a lot of Bestfriends’s hearts with his cuteness in ON&ON. Though the song’s theme was sad, the music video was essentially a cheerful and lighthearted one. which makes this haircut a perfect fit for Donghyun in this occassion.

Personally, my favorite hair of Donghyun’s are the styles from Boyfriend and ON&ON. While this kind of hairstyle doesn’t necessarily frame his entire face, it puts the focus on Donghyun’s eyes which is one of my very favorite features about him. While the bed-hair concept looks great on him, I prefer his cute and playful looks a lot more.

And that concludes my review! Thank you for taking the time to read, I hope you enjoyed it!

created by:Mimmie

• Daphne, Donghyuninvy Kim and angelflyer like this

tumblr_mm9j39hxAB1qbuuw0o1_250.gif

#2 tsoul

tsoul

Bestfriend

• Translator
  • 851 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Donghyun

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

I was waiting for this review!!! Thanks a lot!!!

I think that the Iyah and Janus hairstyles are more dramatic and sexy which suits Donghyun really well and makes me remember that damn! He is a 24 years old man!  while the ON & ON and Boyfriend's ones makes him look younger which I also like.

If I have to pick one, it will be the Iyah era  :) 

Check out my fanfics at: http://www.asianfanf...tories/194471/L

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND

Tsoul ... TSUBASASOUL

#3 kawaiirabefi

kawaiirabefi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jo Twins and Lee Jeongmin

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:37 AM

i love Donghyun oppa's hairstyle in Boyfriend,Iyah and On & On. I always love to see him with red hair. I think it suits him lot.....

#4 CuteySky21

CuteySky21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:YoungKwang

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

I love his hair during JANUS so much!!! He looks so manly and more handsome too!! 

But I also love his hair when he recorded the BOYFRIEND Diary during Don't Touch My Girl era. He interviews Youngmin about his thoughts about his mission earlier at the fanmeet when Youngmin have to dance for 10 seconds. Donghyun's hair that was gelled up a bit makes him looks so handsome >.<

Just go with the flow~

tumblr_mygawkAK5H1rb42qqo1_400.gif

~My Instagram~

B) :wub: :wub: :P :wub: :wub: B)

#5 YoungYan07

YoungYan07

Bestfriend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Youngmin

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

i love his hair during the JANUS ERA :)

HE IS SO HANDSOME >.< in that HAIR

Signature_zps3dbe9361.gif

427085z8igfoaui0.gif

~ YANNA X YOUNGMIN~

-KPopIsNotJustAMusicItIsFamily-

#6 lovelyKDH

lovelyKDH

✿Donghyun's Wife✿

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:❤Leader❤

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

Thanks for this post :)

I love Donghyun with BLACK hair the most, it's really contrast with his white skin, it's show how flawless he is  :wub: 

@ Don't Touch My Girl

dhe_zpsb040dfb1.jpg

@ I'LL BE THERE

1paint_zps9e6e10d6.jpg

@ JANUS

10paint_zps0e9f8de1.jpg

cr : BURNING UP, 'lovelynutz, @donghyun_indo

BESTFRIEND always beside BOYFRIEND

tumblr_static_2_zpsf68a60cd.gif

❤Lovely_KDH❤

#7 ltan13

ltan13

海绵宝宝

• Global Mod
  • 382 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

omg i agree like he is so pale /but not to the point where he looks ghostly which is totally daebak/

black hair for donghyun pleaseeee

bonjour

voulez-vous parler avec moi? 

tumblr

@ltan13

#8 chellowmin07

chellowmin07

Advanced Member

• Bestfriend Global Mods
  • 80 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jeongmin & Minwoo

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

His hairstyles during the Iyah and Janus were the one that I like the most.. my third choice would be the Lovestyle era..
I just think that those styles suits him a lot and they highlight more his handsomeness.. :)

#9 riayna

riayna

BOYFRIEND WONDERLAND HOUSE

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 178 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:All

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

His hairstyles during the Iyah and Janus were the one that I like the most.. my third choice would be the Lovestyle era..
I just think that those styles suits him a lot and they highlight more his handsomeness.. :)

~I like  hairstyles during Iyah and Janus that too~

~That make Donghyun more charisma and strong image~

4Ever Remember  :lol: 

~11.11.2014~ #BOYFRIEND1stWin

~24.03.2015~ #BOYFRIEND2ndWin  :wub: 

#10 Emmi

Emmi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Hyunseong

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:05 AM

i think that the IYAH hair  was like the best for me, and my lady 

EenPP_large.jpg

tumblr_mjezssR01f1qk82yco1_500.png

♥Emmi Love Boyfriend

tumblr_m9swpct3Io1r8wac1o5_500.gif

#11 tsoul

tsoul

Bestfriend

• Translator
  • 851 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

i think that the IYAH hair  was like the best for me, and my lady 

EenPP_large.jpg

tumblr_mjezssR01f1qk82yco1_500.png

Emmi !!! The Iyah hair, that is one of my favorite pics of Donghyun ^^ I don't know if it is because it reminds me of Boyfriend Boyfriend days or what but he looks SO GOOD on that hair ( 100% agree with you )

• Emmi likes this

Tsoul ... TSUBASASOUL

#12 Emmi

Emmi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:32 AM

Emmi !!! The Iyah hair, that is one of my favorite pics of Donghyun ^^ I don't know if it is because it reminds me of Boyfriend Boyfriend days or what but he looks SO GOOD on that hair ( 100% agree with you )

tsoul  i knowwww he look so handsome asjdhkjaashjdhakjdhak liderrrrrrrrrrr XD ^w^

sorry for the late replay T___T im so sorry

♥Emmi Love Boyfriend

#13 tsoul

tsoul

Bestfriend

• Translator
  • 851 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

tsoul  i knowwww he look so handsome asjdhkjaashjdhakjdhak liderrrrrrrrrrr XD ^w^

sorry for the late replay T___T im so sorry

kkkk Don't worry about it!!

What about his dramatic change from the Mnet fanmeeting on 15th to the Award ceremony on the 16th ........... I was like WOW that stylist work really hard to pull that off so fast:

January 15th - MNET ONLINE FANMEETING

1511306_389912444478482_31157606_n.png

January 16th - ASIA MODEL FESTIVAL AWARDS

1613882_390708524398874_288258499_n.jpg

btw: How have you been?? I haven't seen you on the forum lately  ^_^ 

Tsoul ... TSUBASASOUL

#14 Emmi

Emmi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:42 AM

kkkk Don't worry about it!!

What about his dramatic change from the Mnet fanmeeting on 15th to the Award ceremony on the 16th ........... I was like WOW that stylist work really hard to pull that off so fast:

January 15th - MNET ONLINE FANMEETING

1511306_389912444478482_31157606_n.png

January 16th - ASIA MODEL FESTIVAL AWARDS

1613882_390708524398874_288258499_n.jpg

btw: How have you been?? I haven't seen you on the forum lately  ^_^ 

I KNOWWWWWW like i like blonde donghyun, he looks sooo IDK like cute... and withe *in the good way KkKkK*

cb7891aea6965ec74ef12699d313c56c.jpg

and omg he won aaaashdkjahdkjahdkja so pround of him :'), yeah applause for that stylish so fast hehehe,

Thank you i'm fine and you?? :D yeah its was my last year of high school, so it was very busy, and also i was helping my parents, i hope i can be more active in the forum this year ^w^

♥Emmi Love Boyfriend

#15 kawaiirabefi

kawaiirabefi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jo Twins and Lee Jeongmin

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

i like dongppa's hairstyle in Boyfriend,Love Style n Iyah. But,i miss dongppa's red hair as in Boyfriend MV...i think it suits him well. ;)

#16 Jheraldine ❤

Jheraldine ❤

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jo twins ❤

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

I appreciate his hairstyle in On & On MV. Any hairstyle on the previous era fits with him anyway.  

사랑해 사랑해 사랑해요!~ 

2vvne2r.gif