9 replies to this topic

#1 sung eun

sung eun

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:jeongmin

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

Feature on hair: Youngmin

Hello Best Friends! Here’s a hair review of Youngmin!  I’ll be talking about his hair from pre-debut to his latest hairstyle in Seventh Mission – you can notice the difference between Youngmin's hair before and after ^^

Which hairstyle(s) suits Youngmin the best? Which hairstyle(s) do you like most? Read more if you want to know!

tumblr_inline_mpgvkuS2s61qz4rgp.jpg

Image credits: @ambieshinee [Deviantart],  @Boyfriendfact

This is a collage of Youngmin's pre-debut hairstyles, he's so cute, isn't he? 

o As we can see in the first picture, Youngmin has a typical Korean male haircut (He looks beautiful while sleeping *-*). This hairstyle can be seen on schoolboys and teenagers.
Youngmin has smooth and straight hair, with his fringe covering his forehead.

The fringe undoubtedly plays the main role in this hairstyle which has always been very popular in Korea.

tumblr_inline_mpil5sQulE1qz4rgp.jpg

Credits:missa-sistar.skyrock.com

Boyfriend era: Here, we notice the great change that was between the pre-debut and the first debut - Youngmin dyed his hair to blond. He did this to differentiate himself from his twin brother Kwangmin.

Right here begin the transformations of Youngmin~ . ^-^ I'm really a big fan of his blond hair!

tumblr_inline_mpil6psCTp1qz4rgp.jpg

Credits: perfxtion.wordpress.com

Don't Touch My Girl (Right): In this era, Youngmin’s blond hair is slightly darker than the one he had in Boyfriend. The length remains the same though!

I'll Be There (Left): This look isn't my favourite, but he really looks great with that hairstyle. Now notice that there's a change in his hair. Youngmin's hair colour has changed to dark brown and he has some wavy strains which looks cute (Editor’s notes: In the MV, you can see that he has mushroom-shaped hair, which is sort of a turn off for a lot of people; hence why I’ll Be There is a ‘meh’ concept for quite a lot of people).

tumblr_inline_mpil7l9NRN1qz4rgp.jpg

Cr.kpoppedcherry.wordpress.com

Love Style:  Oh gosh! There are no words to describe how wonderful he looks.

Youngmin's hair colour has now changed into light orange-y brown. Yes, although this hairstyle is simple and shows Youngmin’s maturity; the separation of the fringe is a terrible idea.

Yes, it allows us to see his forehead which is on display but does it compliment his looks? Maybe not, eh? We can see that his hair is given a bit of volume.

tumblr_inline_mpil9efgaz1qz4rgp.jpg

Cr. Allkpop

JANUS (Right): This style is one of my favourites, but I really miss the blond Youngmin… Anyway, he is still beautiful. Well, back to my point, we can see a lot of change between ''Love Style'' and ''JANUS''! In other words, it's a big change (Editor’s note: this is due to the immense jump from concepts – they had a casual, cutesy yet fashionable concept for Love Style but for JANUS, they had a dark, princely concept)! He looks more mature than his usual self. 

Youngmin has achieved a bad boy/fierce look (Editor’s note: I would like to quote from Starship’s JANUS description box – Youngmin has finally transformed into a “fierce, masculine” man! Point no.1: Isn’t he a man already? Point no. 2: He needs to take some anger management classes if that’s the case)! He looks like a charisma prince (Well, HE IS the charisma Prince) (Editor’s note: I BEG TO DIFFER).

This time, Youngmin's hair is a bit darker and can be styled in several ways. he looks so sexyy!!!

I Yah (Left): This time we don't see much difference, since it was just a repackaged album, the stylist just dyed part of his hair purple just to jazz it up a little. 

tumblr_inline_mpilfiTkhJ1qz4rgp.jpg

Cr. @Kuruseok2

Last but not least!~

Seventh Mission: Personally I liked the new haircut of Youngmin, I think Youngmin looks more mature. I read that some Bestfriends think the same as me - his new haircut makes him look more mature (Editor’s note: He dyed his hair slightly darker; and it can be seen that Japanese stylists couldn’t be bothered to change his hairstyle…Well, then again, this hairstyle suits Youngmin pretty well!). 

I also like the way that Youngmin parted his hair.
Some sources of information noted that his new haircut resembled Kwangmin’s during I'll Be There era, personally, I think they're right - what do you think?

tumblr_inline_mpilglUhQm1qz4rgp.jpg

Cr. Kpop-U-Love

I think YM looks great with all kind of hairstyles but one of my favourites is this:

tumblr_inline_mpiljmGc9A1qz4rgp.jpg

Cr: mydaily

I really miss his blonde hair.
Well, Youngmin always had lighter hair than Kwangmin, but this time we can see that it's the opposite! 

What do you think of her new hairstyle? Did you like it? Which one is your favourite?!

Guest reviewer: LizzyPark @ imyourbestfriend.com
Editor: Lynn (ltan13) @ BOYFRIEND Style

• jhietery, tieria yuuchi, LizzyPark and 1 other like this

tumblr_mm9j39hxAB1qbuuw0o1_250.gif

#2 tieria yuuchi

tieria yuuchi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jo Youngmin

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

OMGEEE THANKS SUNG EUN!!!
I do like his hairstyle during era I'LL BE THERE,JANUS,IYAH & SEVENTH MISSION . It suits to him. Btw,why you don't insert his hairstyle on ON & ON MV? Well act. i do love all YOUNGMIN hairstyle. He's soo awesome! But i think,he suit darker hairstyle. ≧﹏≦
bcoz it shows his masculine face. LOL XD

#3 sung eun

sung eun

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:jeongmin

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

yeah...
i got all of that from tumblr but i didnt see youngmin's hair style in mv on&on...
maybe next time..

tumblr_mm9j39hxAB1qbuuw0o1_250.gif

#4 ltan13

ltan13

海绵宝宝

• Global Mod
  • 382 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

OMGEEE THANKS SUNG EUN!!!
I do like his hairstyle during era I'LL BE THERE,JANUS,IYAH & SEVENTH MISSION . It suits to him. Btw,why you don't insert his hairstyle on ON & ON MV? Well act. i do love all YOUNGMIN hairstyle. He's soo awesome! But i think,he suit darker hairstyle. ≧﹏≦
bcoz it shows his masculine face. LOL XD

YM's On & On hair wasn't reviewed. Maybe next time with the next comeback + Japanese concepts! :3

bonjour

voulez-vous parler avec moi? 

tumblr

@ltan13

#5 YoungYan07

YoungYan07

Bestfriend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Youngmin

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

I MISS HIS BLONDE HAIR >.<

IMAGINE YOUNGMIN ( pink hair ) keke !

but for me I LIKE THIS ONE :)

young-min-boyfriend-24717241-500-564.jpg

Signature_zps3dbe9361.gif

427085z8igfoaui0.gif

~ YANNA X YOUNGMIN~

-KPopIsNotJustAMusicItIsFamily-

#6 Azzima

Azzima

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jo Kwang Min

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

Feature on hair: Youngmin

Hello Best Friends! Here’s a hair review of Youngmin!  I’ll be talking about his hair from pre-debut to his latest hairstyle in Seventh Mission – you can notice the difference between Youngmin's hair before and after ^^

Which hairstyle(s) suits Youngmin the best? Which hairstyle(s) do you like most? Read more if you want to know!

tumblr_inline_mpgvkuS2s61qz4rgp.jpg

Image credits: @ambieshinee [Deviantart],  @Boyfriendfact

This is a collage of Youngmin's pre-debut hairstyles, he's so cute, isn't he? 

o As we can see in the first picture, Youngmin has a typical Korean male haircut (He looks beautiful while sleeping *-*). This hairstyle can be seen on schoolboys and teenagers.
Youngmin has smooth and straight hair, with his fringe covering his forehead.

The fringe undoubtedly plays the main role in this hairstyle which has always been very popular in Korea.

tumblr_inline_mpil5sQulE1qz4rgp.jpg

Credits:missa-sistar.skyrock.com

Boyfriend era: Here, we notice the great change that was between the pre-debut and the first debut - Youngmin dyed his hair to blond. He did this to differentiate himself from his twin brother Kwangmin.

Right here begin the transformations of Youngmin~ . ^-^ I'm really a big fan of his blond hair!

tumblr_inline_mpil6psCTp1qz4rgp.jpg

Credits: perfxtion.wordpress.com

Don't Touch My Girl (Right): In this era, Youngmin’s blond hair is slightly darker than the one he had in Boyfriend. The length remains the same though!

I'll Be There (Left): This look isn't my favourite, but he really looks great with that hairstyle. Now notice that there's a change in his hair. Youngmin's hair colour has changed to dark brown and he has some wavy strains which looks cute (Editor’s notes: In the MV, you can see that he has mushroom-shaped hair, which is sort of a turn off for a lot of people; hence why I’ll Be There is a ‘meh’ concept for quite a lot of people).

tumblr_inline_mpil7l9NRN1qz4rgp.jpg

Cr.kpoppedcherry.wordpress.com

Love Style:  Oh gosh! There are no words to describe how wonderful he looks.

Youngmin's hair colour has now changed into light orange-y brown. Yes, although this hairstyle is simple and shows Youngmin’s maturity; the separation of the fringe is a terrible idea.

Yes, it allows us to see his forehead which is on display but does it compliment his looks? Maybe not, eh? We can see that his hair is given a bit of volume.

tumblr_inline_mpil9efgaz1qz4rgp.jpg

Cr. Allkpop

JANUS (Right): This style is one of my favourites, but I really miss the blond Youngmin… Anyway, he is still beautiful. Well, back to my point, we can see a lot of change between ''Love Style'' and ''JANUS''! In other words, it's a big change (Editor’s note: this is due to the immense jump from concepts – they had a casual, cutesy yet fashionable concept for Love Style but for JANUS, they had a dark, princely concept)! He looks more mature than his usual self. 

Youngmin has achieved a bad boy/fierce look (Editor’s note: I would like to quote from Starship’s JANUS description box – Youngmin has finally transformed into a “fierce, masculine” man! Point no.1: Isn’t he a man already? Point no. 2: He needs to take some anger management classes if that’s the case)! He looks like a charisma prince (Well, HE IS the charisma Prince) (Editor’s note: I BEG TO DIFFER).

This time, Youngmin's hair is a bit darker and can be styled in several ways. he looks so sexyy!!!

I Yah (Left): This time we don't see much difference, since it was just a repackaged album, the stylist just dyed part of his hair purple just to jazz it up a little. 

tumblr_inline_mpilfiTkhJ1qz4rgp.jpg

Cr. @Kuruseok2

Last but not least!~

Seventh Mission: Personally I liked the new haircut of Youngmin, I think Youngmin looks more mature. I read that some Bestfriends think the same as me - his new haircut makes him look more mature (Editor’s note: He dyed his hair slightly darker; and it can be seen that Japanese stylists couldn’t be bothered to change his hairstyle…Well, then again, this hairstyle suits Youngmin pretty well!). 

I also like the way that Youngmin parted his hair.
Some sources of information noted that his new haircut resembled Kwangmin’s during I'll Be There era, personally, I think they're right - what do you think?

tumblr_inline_mpilglUhQm1qz4rgp.jpg

Cr. Kpop-U-Love

I think YM looks great with all kind of hairstyles but one of my favourites is this:

tumblr_inline_mpiljmGc9A1qz4rgp.jpg

Cr: mydaily

I really miss his blonde hair.
Well, Youngmin always had lighter hair than Kwangmin, but this time we can see that it's the opposite! 

What do you think of her new hairstyle? Did you like it? Which one is your favourite?!

Guest reviewer: LizzyPark @ imyourbestfriend.com
Editor: Lynn (ltan13) @ BOYFRIEND Style

yeah I think so,, I miss his blonde hair too...

jo_twins_bf_by_narulimksam_d4ai61k.jpg

kwangmin_macro_by_ambieshinee_d4golqm.jp

#7 CuteySky21

CuteySky21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:YoungKwang

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:37 AM

I love Youngmin's blonde hair in MY LADY MV. It looks more charismatic  :lol:

486315_521732487837816_1526051635_n.jpg

And also in their Photobook as well!

tumblr_zps286fcf29.jpg

But JANUS is handsome too  :lol:

• Naomi811 likes this

Just go with the flow~

tumblr_mygawkAK5H1rb42qqo1_400.gif

~My Instagram~

B) :wub: :wub: :P :wub: :wub: B)

#8 YoungYan07

YoungYan07

Bestfriend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Youngmin

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:34 AM

I LOVE HIS HAIR :))

I DON"T KNOW BUT HIS HAIR IS REALLY CUTE :))

601013_578359072186916_1011520570_n.jpg

• jhietery likes this

Signature_zps3dbe9361.gif

427085z8igfoaui0.gif

~ YANNA X YOUNGMIN~

-KPopIsNotJustAMusicItIsFamily-

#9 LizzyPark

LizzyPark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jo Youngmin

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

Oww~ Thank you very much for uploading it, I was waiting for this. :'3

• LizzyPark likes this

Posted ImagePosted Image

In Love With My BoyFriends~♥

Posted Image

#10 kawaiirabefi

kawaiirabefi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jo Twins and Lee Jeongmin

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

i luv almost all his hairstyles except his hairstyle on DTMG. cz it makes his face more thin. i luv his hairstyle most in Boyfriend n Janus MV. i always luv his blonde hair n miss it so much. ;)

P.S = Youngmin oppa,when do change ur hairstyle into blonde again?? it very suits with u...

• jhietery likes this

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fanne95 : (20 June 2019 - 12:53 AM) Hello :)
@  LeeJeongRhie : (19 June 2019 - 12:58 AM) Hi~
@  Fanne95 : (27 May 2019 - 01:42 AM) @silverrara I know I was shocked too :(
@  silverrara : (18 May 2019 - 11:18 AM) boyfriend disbanded. Just why..??!!
@  auxilia : (12 February 2019 - 10:11 AM) Happy Donghyun Day 2019... time flies so fast, it's 2019 already >_< we barely hang out here TT
@  3rdbutton : (15 April 2018 - 04:06 AM) Hello, its been a looooong timeee
@  LeeJeongRhie : (02 April 2018 - 12:17 PM) anyone?
@  rafacha : (12 February 2018 - 09:27 PM) Happy Donghyun day!! :)
@  Deisy : (12 February 2018 - 03:54 PM) Había perdido este lugar y al fin lo encontré nuevamente.. Feliz San Valentin para los que quedan. Aún este lugar funciona?
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) advance happy valentine's day
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) this place is still here..
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 10:51 PM) Can I know where can I find wonder boy episode 8
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 08:54 PM) Hi! I'm new here.. Can I join this?
@  auxilia : (15 December 2017 - 09:04 PM) #13 is up ^^ i mean at my blog
@  yhen_26 : (22 October 2017 - 12:05 AM) Hi!! I am just a newbie to the fandom... Please take care of me :)))
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:27 PM) I'm back, it's  been so long i didn't come to this forum
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:26 PM) Annyeong bestfriend!!!
@  auxilia : (06 October 2017 - 06:16 PM) I'm back... anyone??
@  silverrara : (23 September 2017 - 10:48 AM) i wonder if boyfriend know this forum
@  Fanne95 : (24 August 2017 - 09:56 PM) Annyeong Bepues!!^^hahaha XD
@  Juli_min23 : (17 August 2017 - 06:18 AM) Hello
@  DandyPikachu : (01 August 2017 - 04:24 AM) Ah, I don't think there are any active sites that focus on Boyfriend alone, but photos you can probably get at the fansites that Korean Bepeus have! Or any Bestfriend really haha
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:14 PM) I just want to ask if anyone of you knows some fan website where I can get photos and information of Boyfriend such as www.boyfriendboyband.wordpress.com (?)  :dhthanks:
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:01 PM) Hi, Beppeus!  :lol:
@  Sami98 : (28 July 2017 - 02:15 AM) I'm so grateful to have found this forum. I don't know many Bestfriends outside of my friends (most of which I made them Bestfriends) so I hope I can make new friends here!