#1 jihyeon

jihyeon

Boyfriend's Soulmate

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 1,022 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:조광민♡

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

What is Learning Boyfriend's Language?

It's a place for where we, Bestfriends, can learn together how to read, write and understand Boyfriend's language (read: Korean language). There will be weekly lessons to learn a simple and easy way to read and write hangeul. There will also be daily "Word of the Day" flashcards to improve your Korean vocabulary. Besides, you can take the monthly exams to test how much you have improved. Let's learn Korean, Bestfriends~^^

So everyone is welcomed to learn here?

Of course! ^^

Where do I start?

Please read the guidelines first, click here

What exactly are we learning here?

We are learning the basics of Korean language, so we will be focusing on reading and writing hangeul (Korean alphabets) for now. You can click here to see the lessons list.

When will you post the lessons?

The lessons will be posted once a week.

I see there's a summary in the lesson. Can I just skip the link for the reading material?

This is not recommended. You should still click on the link and go to the site to read the full lesson material. It's not that long and it will help you to understand the lesson better than just reading the summary we made. But, in the end, it's up to you..^^

I don't understand something about this lesson. Where do I ask?

You can always ask your questions through comments below each lesson. The mods will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Do I submit my homework below the lesson too?

NO. Your homework should be submitted through a comment below the homework thread (not below the lesson thread). You can find the homework thread with [HOMEWORK] tag. There will also be a link that will bring you straight to the homework thread in each lesson.

Do I have to do the homework?

After each lesson, you'll be given a homework and you're supposed to submit it through a comment below the homework thread (not below the lesson thread). The homework will help us monitor your understanding to the lessons and also your improvement. But we won't force you to do the homework, it's up to you.. ^^

Do I have to take the exam?

There will be an exam once a month to see how much you've improved your Korean. The materials will be from lessons and flashcards. Again, we won't force you to take the exam. It's up to you.. ^^

What is flashcard?

We will post a "Word of the Day" flashcard once a day to help you improve your vocabulary. The flashcard contains a Korean word in hangeul, an example how to pronounce that word and its English translation. If you just memorize one Korean word a day, that means 365 words after a year!!

Your pace is too slow! I want to learn faster!

We got our lesson materials from this site. So, if you are in a hurry, you can always go to that site and learn by yourself. But we suggest you take the lesson slowly. Don't work too hard~^^

Can I suggest a topic for the lesson?

Absolutely! Your idea is very welcomed. You can also suggest fun games or methods to learn the lessons. Just go to this thread and fill the form.

I know this song that can help us to memorize the Korean numbers. Where can I share it?

Awesome. You can share games, songs, methods or anything related to learning Korean in this subforum. Just make a new thread/topic and don't forget to use the [OTHER] tag in front of your title!

So, aside from the [OTHER] tag, only mods can create a new thread/topic?

Yes. Lesson, homework, flashcard and exam will be provided by us. But remember, you can always give your suggestion here or make a new thread to share your ideas, just don't forget the [OTHER] tag ;)

Can I ask for a translation?

Sorry but no, this is NOT a place for you to ask for a translation

Can't find the answer of your question here? Then, you can ask your question through a comment bellow.. ^^

#2 katharinelove

katharinelove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Youngmin

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:06 AM

Is it okay if i take too long to..submit(?) my homework? I just started and its lesson 4 already XD

#3 jihyeon

jihyeon

Boyfriend's Soulmate

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:39 AM

Is it okay if i take too long to..submit(?) my homework? I just started and its lesson 4 already XD

it's okay! ^^

you're always welcomed to reply the homework and/or lesson threads anytime, as long as it's still open (not locked)..

take your time to catch up the lessons, okay~?

fightiiiiiing :)

#4 BF Frixy

BF Frixy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jo Kwangmin

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

I've just figured out about lesson thing ;A; can i still catch up? I wanna start from the very beginning :/

#5 jihyeon

jihyeon

Boyfriend's Soulmate

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

I've just figured out about lesson thing ;A; can i still catch up? I wanna start from the very beginning :/

of course!! ^___^

you can start from lesson 1.. click here for lesson list~

#6 Ms.Eunhaxoxo

Ms.Eunhaxoxo

Advanced Member

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 162 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Youngmin

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

err.. uhm.. I have a suggestion ... should I post here..? Well, can you teach us some short form words in korean? as an example, 베프, 멘붕 and etc.. I am sure there's a lot of it.. Can you teach us that? thanks :) (I don't know if this is the right place to place suggestion >.<)

#7 mickey

mickey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:민우!
  • Fave BF song:alarm

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:15 AM

why does the lesson not updated any longer? :o

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FAQ

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  leadme : (14 June 2017 - 04:11 PM) beautiful homepage~beautiful boys~ :wub:
@  6januses : (13 June 2017 - 08:01 PM) :rolleyes:
@  rafacha : (09 June 2017 - 10:29 PM) would you guys join this petition for Bopeu? https://www.change.o...=share_petition
@  rafacha : (09 June 2017 - 10:28 PM) hello bepeus! it's been a while...
@  bfobsession : (06 June 2017 - 11:28 AM) Helloooo!! This is my first time visiting this page after 3 years!! ;O;
@  6januses : (04 June 2017 - 11:59 PM) hello!!
@  rahmadiwi : (06 May 2017 - 08:38 AM) Annyeong!!~^^
@  Yuyun Minung : (05 May 2017 - 05:07 PM) Hello Bestfriend. . :) :lol:
@  ShimmyNugget96 : (03 May 2017 - 02:04 PM) hiiiii
@  fedianto : (25 April 2017 - 08:55 PM) hello bestfriend,  how are you all????

it's  been so long i didn't  come in this forum
@  Cruznicole_29 : (16 April 2017 - 12:29 PM) I miss Boyfriend already..I wish they would have a korean comeback this year, just like Donghyun oppa said. :(
@  luna jiamin : (11 April 2017 - 04:27 AM) just tell me 1 thing....can e talk with boyfriend here???
@  YoungYan07 : (10 April 2017 - 07:31 PM) daebak i miss this forum :)
@  Bepeu Subs! : (02 March 2017 - 02:37 AM) Do you miss Boyfriend? Join us and check out the link below to know more about the project. Don't forget to share! > https://goo.gl/6DanfA
@  Dyan_Prameswary : (25 February 2017 - 05:42 AM) bad english :v
@  Dyan_Prameswary : (25 February 2017 - 05:41 AM) I wanna ask something, what just boyfriend who have fandom to personal member? like a champion,neverland or anything >_< ?
@  gkxxx : (19 February 2017 - 04:59 AM) Is there anyone still active here?
@  Kim Sun : (15 February 2017 - 11:29 PM)
@  marylin : (28 January 2017 - 05:12 AM) Бесты.... Вы где???
@  marylin : (22 January 2017 - 04:42 AM) Bestfriends follow me! Instagram - @mr.magic_park ; twitter - @Mr_Park_F
@  marylin : (21 January 2017 - 02:28 AM) Thank you, @gasa_lyrics!
@  marylin : (21 January 2017 - 02:27 AM) Я зарегался!!! Урааааа!
@  Lol_ : (19 January 2017 - 10:03 AM) Bestfriends follow me on twitter so we can chat! @gasa_lyrics
@  Dian_MWoo : (28 October 2016 - 11:46 PM) i wanna be the girl!!!
@  spiritkiss501 : (26 October 2016 - 02:05 AM) and other groups too