Photo

[INTERVIEW/TRANS] 150819 ‘Brothers Were Brave’ BOYFRIEND Donghyun “Of course I got a bit scared when I heard about Sandeul’s stories about practice”

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 beatrooot

beatrooot

{translator} IYB Forum + @0526subs

• Translator
  • 1,443 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:쪼영쓰
  • Fave BF song:소나기

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:19 AM

[INTERVIEW] 150819 ‘Brothers Were Brave’ BOYFRIEND Donghyun “Of course I got a bit scared when I heard about Sandeul’s stories about practice” 

201508190810491159_1.jpg

Idol group BOYFRIEND’s Donghyun has been able to stand for the first time on a Korean musical stage through the musical ‘Brothers Were Brave’. Though he already made his musical debut in Japan, this is his first time to meet the Korean audience. Compared to standing on the stage as an idol and facing the Japanese audience as a musical actor, he feels another different emotion for this time.

In the afternoon of the 18th, at the Seoul, Jongno-gu, Yeonjidong Arion practice room, Donghyun met up with the reporters after the public rehearsal that they’ve had for the musical ‘Brothers Were Brave’ and told us about his anticipation for his first Korean musical.

Prior to Donghyun, the character Lee Jubong that he’s playing has been played previously by idol groups SHINee’s Onew, B1A4’s Sandeul etc. His determination is outstanding after receiving the baton for this role. 

Donghyun stated, “Sandeul also did this piece and we’re really close. Before coming here, I asked Sandeul (about what it’s like) and he gave me a big scare”.

201508190810491159_2.jpg

“Sandeul told me a story when he was practicing for this. He said that when he first came, he read out the script and that they told him to go do it outside the door because his voice was too soft. After telling me that, I have come here fearing a lot of things. 

I practiced for it but, at the beginning, it was actually really hard to portray the character well. Instead of thinking about comparing my performance to the other idols who played this character before, I thought more about grasping the character and keeping my performance up along with my sunbae-nims. While having those concerns, I was able to adapt to it while learning receiving lots of help.

What could’ve been Donghyun’s concern. He said “Jubong is a type of person that has a lot of complex about being the second child and I’m an oldest child. And because I’m an oldest child, I understand Seokbong’s thoughts more. So in order to understand Jubong’s character better, I’ve put in some effort to act out this character after researching more about the thoughts of second children.”

“I am really happy while practicing. I really feel like I’ve learned a lot and now, I also think that I’d be able to do this on the stage now. I’d like to thank my sunbaes who has made me think this way. I’d like to show that I can do well without being troublesome. 

There are also a lot of things that he has felt through this piece. Because of this, he would definitely like to show this musical to the BOYFRIEND members.

“The members have told me ‘We’re definitely going to go watch hinge’s performance since it’s your first one in Korea” but, since they haven’t said anything on SNS and the likes, I think I’m just going to have to drag them along with me. (laughs) This is something that I’ve felt while doing the musical, and also before the I did the musical while I was just watching the videos but, when sons watch this piece, there are a lot of things that they learn and feel.  They can only become more loving towards their parents (after watching). This has a bigger impact to sons especially, and so I hope that a lot of people will come to watch.”

201508190810491159_3.jpg

Jung Junha, Yoon Heeseok, Choi Jaewoong, Kim Dongwook, Jung Wookjin, BOYFRIEND Donghyun, Choi Yooha, Choi Woori etc are also in the musical which will begin on the 28th till November 8 at Hongik University Art Centre Theatre. 

trans: youngmineekkeo/@beatrooot | source: mydaily
please take out with FULL credits.

• Daphne and freestyle8x0 like this

"Once a dream, now a reality."

{130809} kor-eng translator for imyourbestfriend forum

{140120} kor-eng translator for 0526subbing team

Posted Image

- youngmineekkeo/beatrooot -

#2 smudgebaby

smudgebaby

-oh look, a pretty smile-

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 997 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:see that dp? yep, him

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:29 PM

Sandeul is so mean.
Tsktsk, this young kid trolling our leader xD!

(Why is Donghyun hanging around all young kids.)

-inserts witty comment-
-too lazy to think of anything rn-

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fanne95 : (20 June 2019 - 12:53 AM) Hello :)
@  LeeJeongRhie : (19 June 2019 - 12:58 AM) Hi~
@  Fanne95 : (27 May 2019 - 01:42 AM) @silverrara I know I was shocked too :(
@  silverrara : (18 May 2019 - 11:18 AM) boyfriend disbanded. Just why..??!!
@  auxilia : (12 February 2019 - 10:11 AM) Happy Donghyun Day 2019... time flies so fast, it's 2019 already >_< we barely hang out here TT
@  3rdbutton : (15 April 2018 - 04:06 AM) Hello, its been a looooong timeee
@  LeeJeongRhie : (02 April 2018 - 12:17 PM) anyone?
@  rafacha : (12 February 2018 - 09:27 PM) Happy Donghyun day!! :)
@  Deisy : (12 February 2018 - 03:54 PM) Había perdido este lugar y al fin lo encontré nuevamente.. Feliz San Valentin para los que quedan. Aún este lugar funciona?
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) advance happy valentine's day
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) this place is still here..
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 10:51 PM) Can I know where can I find wonder boy episode 8
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 08:54 PM) Hi! I'm new here.. Can I join this?
@  auxilia : (15 December 2017 - 09:04 PM) #13 is up ^^ i mean at my blog
@  yhen_26 : (22 October 2017 - 12:05 AM) Hi!! I am just a newbie to the fandom... Please take care of me :)))
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:27 PM) I'm back, it's  been so long i didn't come to this forum
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:26 PM) Annyeong bestfriend!!!
@  auxilia : (06 October 2017 - 06:16 PM) I'm back... anyone??
@  silverrara : (23 September 2017 - 10:48 AM) i wonder if boyfriend know this forum
@  Fanne95 : (24 August 2017 - 09:56 PM) Annyeong Bepues!!^^hahaha XD
@  Juli_min23 : (17 August 2017 - 06:18 AM) Hello
@  DandyPikachu : (01 August 2017 - 04:24 AM) Ah, I don't think there are any active sites that focus on Boyfriend alone, but photos you can probably get at the fansites that Korean Bepeus have! Or any Bestfriend really haha
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:14 PM) I just want to ask if anyone of you knows some fan website where I can get photos and information of Boyfriend such as www.boyfriendboyband.wordpress.com (?)  :dhthanks:
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:01 PM) Hi, Beppeus!  :lol:
@  Sami98 : (28 July 2017 - 02:15 AM) I'm so grateful to have found this forum. I don't know many Bestfriends outside of my friends (most of which I made them Bestfriends) so I hope I can make new friends here!