Photo

【TRANS/EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW】BOYFRIEND ② I Want to Tell, "Don't Tremble! Be Natural" to My Three-Years-Ago Self

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hyunminchii

hyunminchii

Advanced Member

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 106 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:♥ 정민 ♥ Jeongmin ♥ ジョンミン ♥

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:43 PM

If you have something like, "Truthfully, that time...", please tell us. Now you can talk about that sort of things, right?

JeongminIn our debut days, we couldn't speak Japanese at all, so we memorized all the lines, and it was really difficult. (laughs)

HyunseongAt first, we couldn't speak Japanese well. So on the occasion of our concert, we made and prepared a scenario beforehand, and tried really hard to memorizing everything.

DonghyunBut on the showcase, because we were so nervous, when we went up to the stage, we forgot all the scenarios that we memorized so hard, and made us really confused.

YoungminOn the showcase, after finished his solo stage, Jeongmin hyung fell from the lift. It was not too high so he weren't seriously injured, but everyone was so surprised.

KwangminThose days were our first time have about 15-20 interviews with media in one day. We had no experience before in Korea because the system is different, so I was really surprised.

MinwooAfter we done with our 2 weeks promotion in Japan, we have hung out to Fuji-Q for one day. And because that time was so fun, we always asked our staff after that to allow us to go there for many times (laughs).

2z9i99u.jpg

Within 3 years, what is something that have grown on you?

Donghyun: Of course, my Japanese skills! Also my gratitude to our fans.

MinwooMe too, my Japanese skills. And I think I have matured both mind and body.

KwangminI think so. I have matured in many aspects.

HyunseongFor me, I think I’m being more ready to work, and my way of thinking has grown.

YoungminMy way to deal with hard and tough times. And my mental is stronger now.

JeongminMy gratitude to our fans.

In the case you can go back to your first press conference aboard a cruise ship, what advice do you want to send to your three-years-ago self?

DonghyunDon't be nervous, just enjoy the moments!

HyunseongIt'll be nice if you do it more happily.

JeongminPractice your Japanese more.

YoungminDon't tremble. Be natural! (laughs)

KwangminEnjoy this moment the most.

MinwooDon't be nervous. It would go smoothly.

Among all of BOYFRIEND's released songs (Korean songs are included), what song that gave an influence to your way of life? Please tell us.

DonghyunFor me, it's "Party Plane". We become one with fans in our concert when sing this song, and because we able to share happiness through this song, it always cheers me up.

Hyunseong"OBSESSION". Before, if we want to have overseas activities, we have to release a Korean album (because they were more active in Japan). And I went blank that time, for a long time. In that state, we prepared the album, and it was nerve-wracking.

Jeongmin"You've moved on". It was the first time I had my own composed song released in Korea. It’s one of my "beginning" song in my life.

YoungminFor me, it's "JANUS". It's different from album that we have released before (before Janus), a transformation song which has a concept of "Strong Men".

Kwangmin"Alarm". Especially, the rap part is so emotional, also I like the song so much.

MinwooFor me, it's "Boyfriend". Because it's our debut song, we practiced it for the longest time, and we put all our hearts and souls into this song.

By the way, do you like your own voice? Other than yours, whose voice do you like?

DonghyunI don't like my voice at first because it's peculiar, but now I like it because it's my only own style, and my characteristic.

HyunseongI like mine, because it's my voice and I must like it. Other than mine, I think Jeongmin's voice is kind of fascinating.

MinwooI'm 100% satisfied with my voice, I think mine is very good (laughs). Also, I think Jeongmin-hyung's voice is charming.

JeongminFor me, I love my voice (laughs). About other members' voices... I think Kwangmin's voice has a characteristic.

KwangminI'm satisfied with my voice.

YoungminI like my voice that my parents gave to me.

Source: KpopStarzJP

Eng trans: hyunminchii for imyourbestfriend.com

(text:Kiyori Matsumoto / translation:Akane Tanaka)

© 2013 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

DISCLAIMER

• Daphne, riayna, Ai Aieen and 2 others like this

jr9r10.gif

♥ 0526subs ♥

~ twitter.com/hyunminchii ~

#2 riayna

riayna

BOYFRIEND WONDERLAND HOUSE

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 178 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:All

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:10 PM

Almost crying reading this...memory that never forget ..thank you for english translate  :wub:

• auxilia likes this

4Ever Remember  :lol: 

~11.11.2014~ #BOYFRIEND1stWin

~24.03.2015~ #BOYFRIEND2ndWin  :wub: 

#3 smudgebaby

smudgebaby

-oh look, a pretty smile-

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 997 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:see that dp? yep, him

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:29 PM

Kwangmin:Those days were our first time have about 15-20 interviews with media in one day. We had no experience before in Korea because the system is different, so I was really surprised.

Seriously. This.
I can imagine how stunned they were with their lacking Japanese skills then.
It's like information overload, goodness.

◆ In the case you can go back to your first press conference aboard a cruise ship, what advice do you want to send to your three-years-ago self?
Donghyun:Don't be nervous, just enjoy the moment!
Hyunseong:It'll be nice if you do it more happily.
Jeongmin:Practice your Japanese more.
Youngmin:Don't tremble. Be natural! (laughs)
Kwangmin:Enjoy this moment the most.
Minwoo:Don't be nervous. It would go smoothly.

T_____________T
They were all so preshhhhhh then T____T
Youngmin was awkward, yes, yes HAHAHAHAH.

Thank you for translating these <3
Feels like we're riding back in time with the Best Collections and all these articles <3

• JoJaJia likes this

-inserts witty comment-
-too lazy to think of anything rn-

#4 hyunminchii

hyunminchii

Advanced Member

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 106 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:♥ 정민 ♥ Jeongmin ♥ ジョンミン ♥

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:59 PM

Almost crying reading this...memory that never forget ..thank you for english translate  :wub:

Seriously. This.
I can imagine how stunned they were with their lacking Japanese skills then.
It's like information overload, goodness.

T_____________T
They were all so preshhhhhh then T____T
Youngmin was awkward, yes, yes HAHAHAHAH.

Thank you for translating these <3
Feels like we're riding back in time with the Best Collections and all these articles <3

No problem guys, enjoy~ :D
I'm sorry I just get to translate it ><

jr9r10.gif

♥ 0526subs ♥

~ twitter.com/hyunminchii ~

#5 LeMariss

LeMariss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Youngmin
  • Fave BF song:Witch

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:57 AM

Thanks again for translating this

Jeongmin fell from the lift?? that sounds serious. be careful, jeongmin!

Yeaaahhh Youngmin loves Janus, I like it too, Youngmin is like a king there. I miss that era.

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fanne95 : (20 June 2019 - 12:53 AM) Hello :)
@  LeeJeongRhie : (19 June 2019 - 12:58 AM) Hi~
@  Fanne95 : (27 May 2019 - 01:42 AM) @silverrara I know I was shocked too :(
@  silverrara : (18 May 2019 - 11:18 AM) boyfriend disbanded. Just why..??!!
@  auxilia : (12 February 2019 - 10:11 AM) Happy Donghyun Day 2019... time flies so fast, it's 2019 already >_< we barely hang out here TT
@  3rdbutton : (15 April 2018 - 04:06 AM) Hello, its been a looooong timeee
@  LeeJeongRhie : (02 April 2018 - 12:17 PM) anyone?
@  rafacha : (12 February 2018 - 09:27 PM) Happy Donghyun day!! :)
@  Deisy : (12 February 2018 - 03:54 PM) Había perdido este lugar y al fin lo encontré nuevamente.. Feliz San Valentin para los que quedan. Aún este lugar funciona?
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) advance happy valentine's day
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) this place is still here..
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 10:51 PM) Can I know where can I find wonder boy episode 8
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 08:54 PM) Hi! I'm new here.. Can I join this?
@  auxilia : (15 December 2017 - 09:04 PM) #13 is up ^^ i mean at my blog
@  yhen_26 : (22 October 2017 - 12:05 AM) Hi!! I am just a newbie to the fandom... Please take care of me :)))
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:27 PM) I'm back, it's  been so long i didn't come to this forum
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:26 PM) Annyeong bestfriend!!!
@  auxilia : (06 October 2017 - 06:16 PM) I'm back... anyone??
@  silverrara : (23 September 2017 - 10:48 AM) i wonder if boyfriend know this forum
@  Fanne95 : (24 August 2017 - 09:56 PM) Annyeong Bepues!!^^hahaha XD
@  Juli_min23 : (17 August 2017 - 06:18 AM) Hello
@  DandyPikachu : (01 August 2017 - 04:24 AM) Ah, I don't think there are any active sites that focus on Boyfriend alone, but photos you can probably get at the fansites that Korean Bepeus have! Or any Bestfriend really haha
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:14 PM) I just want to ask if anyone of you knows some fan website where I can get photos and information of Boyfriend such as www.boyfriendboyband.wordpress.com (?)  :dhthanks:
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:01 PM) Hi, Beppeus!  :lol:
@  Sami98 : (28 July 2017 - 02:15 AM) I'm so grateful to have found this forum. I don't know many Bestfriends outside of my friends (most of which I made them Bestfriends) so I hope I can make new friends here!