Suminnie

Advanced Member

• Donor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Maknae Line~☆

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:25 PM

Hellooo Bestfriends~

The Jo Twins birthday project is finally complete! It wouldn’t have been possible without the wonderful contributions from Caitlyn, Gina, Lauren, Vel, Hyunminchii, and Tsoul so a very special thank you to them~ Thank you to everyone who donated, participated in the project event sale, and submitted your videos. We couldn’t have done it without all of you coming together to help us celebrate our dear twins birthday.

1_zpsizm1fg8v.jpg

It all started with the custom hat we originally wanted to give to Kwangmin for Christmas last year. It arrived in the mail about a week after we sent out the Christmas project and we still wanted to give it to him so we figured their birthday would be the perfect time! With that in mind, we decided to make all of their gifts twin-like and matching, so we ordered a hat for Youngmin that looked exactly like Kwangmin’s but in black instead. To make the hats a little more special (since the New Era website doesn’t allow you to add custom text) I took the hats to the mall to have their initials embroidered on the side!

2_zpsrviwimku.png

(please forgive the terrible lighting in the rest of the pictures… ㅠㅠ)

We wanted to send them other gifts in addition to the hats, so after much debate and consideration over the budget we decided to send them a special music playlist, get books translated in Korean, and plushies! The Little Prince actually came as a two-book set! One is translated into Korean and the other is in English. Hehe maybe it’ll help our dear twins improve their English? Our plushie choice was decided based on a poll that we posted on the forum twitter page. Thank you to everyone who participated~

3_zpsnmy7omna.png

4_zps1ssculce.png

But we didn’t want to just send them gifts. Our project needed an element that included Bestfriends as well. It had to be different, something interesting, but allowed Bestfriends to communicate with the twins, so we decided on video messages! We debated over project names for a couple days, but couldn’t really decide on anything so we stuck with Bestfriend TV.  

All of the video messages that Bestfriends sent in were put in a folder on this cute Olaf USB drive with the playlists for Youngmin and Kwangmin each separated into their own folders. Originally I ordered a USB drive on Amazon that looked like Stitch from Lilo & Stitch. It was super cute, but when I tried to plug it into my computer I discovered that it was too wide for some reason! Unfortunately I had to return it, but when I went to the store to find a replacement I was determined to find one that looked cute. When I saw the Olaf flash drive I knew it’d be the perfect replacement since all of the boys seem to like Frozen (and his arms move!!)

8_zpsqmglfawy.png

On top of all that, additional gifts were sent to me by other Bestfriends to add to our special birthday package! Caitlyn sent us her carefully picked out and adorably packaged gifts for the twins and Vel sent the custom-made cushions she ordered for the twins!

5_zpsbjt4oh6d.png

6_zpsvldocfnf.png

7_zpsac9qgoy5.png

I was prepping and packing all of the music, videos, and gifts for about 2 days prior to the actual day I shipped it (which ended up being delayed a day because of that Stitch USB incident ><), but it really came down to the last minute. When I finally packed it all up, it was about 4:20 PM and the post office window at the grocery store closed at 5:00 PM so I rushed to get it all in my car and drive down there. Two people walked past me really quickly to jump in line in front of me and the wait took forever even though there were only 4 people in front of me. I managed to make it up to the window about 10 minutes before closing only for the clerk to tell me that they don’t take international packages or boxes over 2lbs! The post office closes at the same time and it was about 10 minutes away… I really didn’t think I was going to make it. I got into the parking lot 2 minutes after 5:00, but I saw someone run in before me and someone else walking out. So I raced into the post office and everyone was so nice there! The woman who I saw parking all crazy and running into the post office let me go in front of her and one of the workers helped me get one of the clear packing envelopes for my customs forms.

Thankfully I was able to get it shipped out on the 17th and the package arrived safely on the 21st!

9_zpsf6kiqpzn.png

In addition, with the help of Gina’s extremely generous donation, we were able to order a cake for the boys as well!

CDXXVVHUMAAcGSk_zps622x7c5g.png

11_zpspjjgeccd.png

Thank you again for everyone’s support, participation, and contributions! Hopefully we’ll get to see the boys sporting their new hats (and everything else!) together soon~

12_zpsezasjeos.png

Project Managers: Jasmine (Suminnie) & Kelly (leejeongminnie)

• Daphne, leejeongminnie, auxilia and 7 others like this

#2 Guest_GinaL_bestfriend_*

Guest_GinaL_bestfriend_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:00 PM

I'm glad that I was able to help out! Unfortunately, my mom found out about the amount that I donated, but other than that, I'm so happy that the cake turned out to be pretty~!!
  • Suminnie likes this

#3 jhayeminwoo

jhayeminwoo

Boyfriend's Trash ♥

• 679 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:No Min Woo ♥

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:03 PM

Daebakkkk! :)

Chukahaeyo Project Managers.

You've worked hard for this Project.

I wish they will use the hats and I will be soooo proud if I saw it atleast once that they use it.

• Suminnie likes this

tumblr_md5l0uAg2a1qjy72go1_500.gif

J H A Y E M I N W O O

#4 smudgebaby

smudgebaby

-oh look, a pretty smile-

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 997 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:see that dp? yep, him

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:01 PM

OMGOMGOMGOMG.
PLUSLE AND MINUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shoooo cute ;~~~;

T__________________T
The caps and the cushions, all seem so might comfortable
I hope they use the gift often ^___^ Thanks for all your hard work :D

/will they fight over the Korean version of The Little Prince HOHOHO/
(you read the english one) (no, you) (no, you) lololol

• Suminnie and rypark like this

-inserts witty comment-
-too lazy to think of anything rn-

#5 leejeongminnie

leejeongminnie

jeongmin simpson

• Global Mod
  • 281 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:JEONGMIN MY FAVORITE MEME
  • Fave BF song:약속할게!! thanks jeong

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:42 PM

Cheers to completing this project! I hope the twins liked our project and their gifts haha~ It already makes me so happy bc kwangmin wore our first hat from before!^^

• Suminnie likes this

#6 Daphne

Daphne

0526 Subbing Team

• Bestfriend Global Mods
  • 200 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Lee Jeongmin♥

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:08 AM

Wow! Just WOW! Thank you for doing this! Project Managers daebak!  :D Bestfriends daebak!  :D

• Suminnie likes this

@allllllforyou

#7 myonlyweakness 0892

myonlyweakness 0892

Boyfriend's Soulmate

• 1,848 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Hyunseong, Youngmin, Minwoo

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:31 AM

I hope we will get to see them using their gifts. I am sure the twins will love their gifts and Bestfriend TV. :)

• Suminnie likes this

#8 Caitlin

Caitlin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Youngmin
  • Fave BF song:Good Night

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:49 AM

Ahhh, Jasmine! You did such a great job! I have such mad respect for all of you guys who do this stuff; you work so hard to send the boys our love. ;v; Thanks so much for letting me send stuff~ Everything looks super cute, and I'm sure they really appreciate it. I hope they use our gifts~

• Suminnie likes this

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

1377ea2f11328736c032.jpg

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

#9 devin_sora

devin_sora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Kim Donghyun, Jo Youngmin, Jo Kwangmin
  • Fave BF song:Janus, Alarm, On&amp;amp;On, Witch

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:40 PM

Woooooww!!! That's really cool.. The project and all bestfriends... The coordinators really can manage it well.. I'm 100% sure that the twins really love their presents from Imyourbestfriends.com  ^_^ 

• Suminnie likes this

#10 tsoul

tsoul

Bestfriend

• Translator
  • 851 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Donghyun

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:10 PM

Great job!
The project turned out great! I love the Olaf USB drive it is extreamly cute ^^

Thabk you for making this project possible and for showing boyfriend how much we all love them ^^
  • Suminnie likes this

Check out my fanfics at: http://www.asianfanf...tories/194471/L

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND

Tsoul ... TSUBASASOUL

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jo Twins, Youngmin, Kwangmin, Birthday, Project, Staff diary

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  3rdbutton : (15 April 2018 - 04:06 AM) Hello, its been a looooong timeee
@  LeeJeongRhie : (02 April 2018 - 12:17 PM) anyone?
@  rafacha : (12 February 2018 - 09:27 PM) Happy Donghyun day!! :)
@  Deisy : (12 February 2018 - 03:54 PM) Había perdido este lugar y al fin lo encontré nuevamente.. Feliz San Valentin para los que quedan. Aún este lugar funciona?
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) advance happy valentine's day
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) this place is still here..
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 10:51 PM) Can I know where can I find wonder boy episode 8
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 08:54 PM) Hi! I'm new here.. Can I join this?
@  auxilia : (15 December 2017 - 09:04 PM) #13 is up ^^ i mean at my blog
@  yhen_26 : (22 October 2017 - 12:05 AM) Hi!! I am just a newbie to the fandom... Please take care of me :)))
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:27 PM) I'm back, it's  been so long i didn't come to this forum
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:26 PM) Annyeong bestfriend!!!
@  auxilia : (06 October 2017 - 06:16 PM) I'm back... anyone??
@  silverrara : (23 September 2017 - 10:48 AM) i wonder if boyfriend know this forum
@  Fanne95 : (24 August 2017 - 09:56 PM) Annyeong Bepues!!^^hahaha XD
@  Juli_min23 : (17 August 2017 - 06:18 AM) Hello
@  DandyPikachu : (01 August 2017 - 04:24 AM) Ah, I don't think there are any active sites that focus on Boyfriend alone, but photos you can probably get at the fansites that Korean Bepeus have! Or any Bestfriend really haha
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:14 PM) I just want to ask if anyone of you knows some fan website where I can get photos and information of Boyfriend such as www.boyfriendboyband.wordpress.com (?)  :dhthanks:
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:01 PM) Hi, Beppeus!  :lol:
@  Sami98 : (28 July 2017 - 02:15 AM) I'm so grateful to have found this forum. I don't know many Bestfriends outside of my friends (most of which I made them Bestfriends) so I hope I can make new friends here!
@  DandyPikachu : (26 July 2017 - 08:03 AM) Hey!! Comeback in early August!!! Let's reawaken this forum, yeah? :DD
@  DandyPikachu : (23 July 2017 - 03:38 AM) eyyy... Minwoo and Kwangmin hinting comeback!!!! I can't wait :D
@  ♡Mily♡ : (22 July 2017 - 11:45 PM) Hi!! :D
@  DandyPikachu : (03 July 2017 - 07:27 AM) It's been so long since anyone has beene here huh? Fellow bestfriends, we must work hard for Boyfriend when they comeback in Korea! Gotta bring this forum back to life like it was before.  :)
@  leadme : (14 June 2017 - 04:11 PM) beautiful homepage~beautiful boys~ :wub: