• 281 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:JEONGMIN MY FAVORITE MEME
  • Fave BF song:약속할게!! thanks jeong

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:46 PM

Staff Diary

Boyfriend Christmas Project 2014

“Say I Love You” + Gifts

Hello Bestfriends,

This is Kelly and Jasmine! We’re here to write a wrap up of the Christmas project! However, before getting down to business, we would also like to thank Gina, Bea, and Jia for translating for us! They were wonderful and awesome project translators and we couldn’t have completed this project without them! We hope BF will appreciate the hard work they put into this project as well^^

Kelly:

About 4-6 months ago, we decided to begin planning our 2nd Christmas project for Boyfriend. Last year’s project seemed to have went well and we were very happy with the results. Velisha mainly did the heavy work for the project last year, so this year I decided to take more charge and become more hands on with the project. However, I couldn’t have done the work without Jasmine. I recruited Jasmine and asked if she wanted to help out. She was so kind that she offered to help me that I was so grateful ;u; We planned for a couple of months then finally decided that we would create a fun and creative game where Boyfriend can get to understand Bestfriends minds more and vice versa. We also decided to send them some nice gifts!

Jasmine:

Kelly and I got started working together on the Christmas project after talking through the Obsession bulk order project!  We bounced a few ideas around then we decided we wanted to make a game like Say Anything.  After much tweaking and simplifying, we came up with Say I Love You in the hopes that we could make the gap between Boyfriend and Bestfriends just a little bit smaller~  

Throughout the time the Christmas project has been active, there were also a number of other projects happening, so the attention was more spread out. It was a bit difficult to get participation but with perseverance we managed to make ends meet with the project! Of course this could have not been done without wonderful Bestfriends that participated and showed particular interest in this project!

AUGUST - SEPTEMBER

The polling process of the project took about 2-4 months to complete. Much of the work done at first was online. We focused on having Bestfriends participate in the project as much as possible by submitting questions and answers. After reviewing the questions and opening various polls, we finalized 25 of them to send to Boyfriend. We decided on the number twenty five because Christmas is on December 25th.

OCTOBER - NOVEMBER

As the end of the year rolled closer, we began purchasing gifts and printing out the game cards. Bea, Jia, and Gina helped translate the cards and our messages! They were so helpful and without them, we honestly wouldn’t know what to do!

excard_zps6dfce12f.png

(Example of the card)

(Gifts will be revealed later on in the post!^^)

When we ordered the gifts online, it was about 3 weeks away from our meeting date which was on November 22, 2014. We had planned for all the gifts to arrive and they did - except one :( Kwangmin’s gift! We ordered a custom designed hat for KM from New Era but only after ordering did we find out that the hat would not be delivered until AFTER Christmas :( It was very disappointing but we decided to work with what we had...

So after all the hard online work, the day had come! We (Kelly and Jasmine) decided to meet in San Francisco for a day of fun and work! (But it turned out to be a lot more work than we expected)

A DAY IN SAN FRANCISCO : NOV 22 2014

So many ups and downs happened that day...

Jasmine and I met up at Westfield Shopping Center, which is a huge mall in downtown San Francisco. (It’s actually in the same area where most K-pop concerts in San Francisco are held and many idols go shopping there when they visit.) We chose to meet there because we still did not have Kwangmin’s gift, so we visited the New Era store and designed a new custom hat for Kwangmin! The people at the store were really nosey though. >.< I get that they may have been trying to be friendly but since me and Jasmine were not the best at adlib-ing, we just got nervous when they asked us all those questions! It was really awkward so we lied and said it was for a friend...yes a friend that three girls had designed the hat for..lol…

The hat took a couple of hours to be finished and when it was finally ready, we were a mess- but we’ll get to that later. TAT (We went to Japantown to prepare other things for the project)

After ordering the hat, we bought some chocolates from a store inside the mall plus a little gingerbread man! It was so cute! hehe~ Jasmine said it looked just like Jeongmin and I totally agree! ^^ (Sorry for the pic quality, I used my iphone for this><)

gingerjeong_zps763e234c.jpg

(Jeongle Jammin’)

We also bought the boys Ghirardelli Chocolates since we were in San Francisco and Ghirardelli Square is located in the city as well.

chocolatecopy_zps94fa58b9.jpg

BF GIFTS:

• Donghyun -  Cufflinks

giftd1_zpsbce9b0c0.jpg

• Hyunseong - Love Bullet Necklace

gifth1_zpsa9f387b0.jpg

• Jeongmin - Earrings

giftj_zps3271e28f.jpg

• Youngmin - Day of the Dead Lapel Pin

gifty1_zps41f2c6cd.jpg

• Kwangmin -  Snapback

giftk1_zpsc6a40d65.jpg

• Minwoo - Bracelet

giftm_zpsca94de5b.jpg

The bracelet says "Never give up! Bestfriends will always be here to give you love and support. ♥"

After pondering in the food court for awhile, we decided to head to Japantown! We headed to Japantown to purchase supplies for the project (whiteboard, stickers, wrapping paper, etc.) and ended up spending about two hours there packing and preparing! We didn’t eat since morning-ish so we were fatigued but didn’t notice it because we were rushing so much! ...Originally we planned to sit in a coffee shop there and relax a bit but in the end decided to just remain in the main area of the shopping center due to the time restraints PLUS we still had to pick up Kwangmin’s hat at the mall.grr...

jtown_zps24eff172.jpgcard1_zps5c7b55f8.jpg

I remember this one really awkward moment when some drunk guy came up to me and Jas and asked us “What those shitty little things are...ohhh! Christmas presents!!” It was...an interesting experience… since me and Jas since were both in work mode and his breath reeked of alcohol…  x_x

We finished at around 4PM even though we promised to make it to the store to pick it up at 3:30 ><~ So Jas drove all the way from Japantown to Downtown again and I ran everywhere in heels...Imagine running in heels in the streets of San Francisco….

cablecar_zps9ecb3952.jpg

Now imagine those hills more steeper, more crowded with cars and people, and less scenic than that image… that would be our situation… ><

So I ran inside the mall to pick up the hat.. only to get asked even more questions omg… Why couldn’t we just get the hat and go? We were already annoyed with New Era because of the online store situation but we only shopped there because we knew it was a brand that Kwangmin liked. (The things we do for BF… QAQ)

I ran outside again and waited for Jasmine’s car to pull up, but there was so much traffic that she couldn’t park or stop!  She was driving slowly in traffic, but I had to run down the sidewalk in heels to catch up to her car T-T When I got in the car I noticed it was already 4:30PM....  The post office stated online that it closed on at 5:00PM… We still had time! We quickly drove to the nearest post office which was in Chinatown. Luckily we found a parking spot almost immediately TAT…

I rushed out of the car and dashed up the hills again like there was no tomorrow… only to find out… that the post office closed at 4:30… not 5:00 like it had written online… We were so mad at ourselves and at the hat because it didn’t arrive on time when we ordered it online, so we had to spend half the day making sure our time matched up with the new custom hat!

We were frustrated especially when Boyfriend’s songs kept playing on shuffle in the car >< We kept saying stuff like “FRICKEN KWANG AND UR DUMB HAT DUMB BF WHOS BF” Venting out our anger in all kinds of directions - especially about the new era store workers.. omg we were a little bit unreasonable but who could blame us? Someone probably, but that’s not the point.

Anyways, we made our way through the day and decided to go out for some Korean food and Tpumps (boba) to end the night. We decided that I would bring home the package so that I could ship it out on Monday/Tuesday since Jas had work. We almost completely forgot about the 1st concert until later that night when we were eating! >< We were both fatigued but Jasmine still had to drive 2 hours back to Sacramento (near that area at least TAT) My poor bby...

But on the bright side...we did remember to take a selca and tweet it to the forum twitter the next day!

bfcs_edited-1_zps8d159912.jpg

Also I’d like to mention something. We actually exceeded our project limit (which was $400 USD) so we would like to ask for some help. We already paid for the gifts and shipping costs out of our own pockets, but we would want to ask to receive some support as well. We will be giving away signed Witch CDs here for the first 20 people that donated $30USD or more! We would be really grateful even for a small amount. Any amount helps and would be appreciated >< thank you guys! (LINK)

giftsall_zpsf2bc7f79.jpg

On Monday I spent all day packing and preparing the packages to make sure they were ready to ship. I asked my sister to help me and we cut out confetti and added more bling to the packages making it look more fun~ lol.

packingday2_zpsa9dad14b.jpg

The next day, I finally arrived at the post office and shipped the package out. The lady at the post office was actually Korean and was speaking to me in Korean until my basic language skills ratted me out >< She seemed a little confused then as to why I was sending a package to Korea if I wasn’t..you know...Korean lol… I hope she didn’t think I was a crazy American fan (am i..?  TAT ) …

packing2_zps42e28f8b.jpgshippingbox_edited-1_zps537ec26a.jpg

UPDATE: The package has arrived in Seoul! It arrived on December 2, 2014! BF has received our project and we hope that they will enjoy the gifts!

delivered_zps195dc630.jpg

Kelly: Thank you everyone for supporting this project. Thank you to Jasmine, Jia, Gina, and Bea for working on this project with me! I appreciate you guys so much you have no idea! Thank you for going through all those ups and downs with me and I hope our friendship deepened through this experience! I love you guys! I’m so thankful that you guys are here with me and I wish we could all just be together in real life at least once>< Thanks to everyone that support us. Thanks to Bestfriends that made this project possible, and thanks to BF and Vel who brought us all together!>< I love you guys!! (Am I too greasy? ;A;)

Jas: Kelly really said it all ^^ but I’d just like to add, there were a LOT of surveys involved with this project and I’d like that thank everyone who participated by giving their questions and answers!  It made the game just that much more of a special gift for Boyfriend. Also, a very special thank you to Kelly (thank you for recruiting me!!♥), Jia, Gina, Bea, and Lauren for helping with this project! We made an awesome team and the project wouldn’t have turned out nearly as well without all of you wonderful people helping!  I too hope that we’re a little bit closer now after working hard together. ^^ Let’s all meet up at the Berkley Kpop Con!  Again, thank you to all of the Bestfriends that participated in this project. We couldn’t have done it without you~♥

IMYBFgoldred_zps00841f5c.jpg

Project Managers: Jasmine (Suminnie), Gina, Kelly (leejeongminnie)

Project Translators: Gina (GinaL_Bestfriend), Bea (beatrooot) , Jia (jihyeon)

Merry Christmas! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATES: 

• Velisha, pikachunijas, beatrooot and 5 others like this

#2 smudgebaby

smudgebaby

-oh look, a pretty smile-

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 997 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:see that dp? yep, him

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:11 PM

So much hard work ;~~~;
Thank you so muchhhhhh for transferring our feelings to Boyfriend for this Christmas <3
I'm sure they'll enjoy the Christmas much more ^^
(awwww I love Kwangmin's gift so much +_+)

• leejeongminnie and Suminnie like this

-inserts witty comment-
-too lazy to think of anything rn-

#3 jhayeminwoo

jhayeminwoo

Boyfriend's Trash ♥

• 679 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:No Min Woo ♥

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:47 PM

Wow!! The project teams are all daebak!!! ❤❤❤ you've worked hard for it. Boyfriend will really appreciate such efforts like this! 축하

tumblr_md5l0uAg2a1qjy72go1_500.gif

J H A Y E M I N W O O

#4 myonlyweakness 0892

myonlyweakness 0892

Boyfriend's Soulmate

• 1,848 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Hyunseong, Youngmin, Minwoo

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:58 AM

Thank you for putting so much work and time in this. I know Boyfriend will love it. :)

#5 BmerangCheoroem

BmerangCheoroem

Advanced Member

• Donor
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Kwang & Jeong

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:15 AM

Thankyou so so so much for all your efforts and hardwork!!!! and kwangmin's hat is daebak!!! 

im sure they're gonna love this!!!

thannkyou again!!! 

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 mirrorprincess

mirrorprincess

💛Jeongminnie's Wife💛

• 321 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:❤Jeongmin❤

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:28 PM

Wow thanks again for the hard work! ! Wow this is awesome thank you once again

#7 YoungKwang4ever

YoungKwang4ever

• ♥Dark Alice♥
  • 9 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Youngmin & Kwangmin

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

Thank all IYBF staffs for making such awesome project & working so hard. I'm really proud for being in the same fandom as u all. :D IYBF fighting!! ♡

#8 Fanne95

Fanne95

Advanced Member

• ♥Dark Alice♥
  • 168 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Youngmin, Kwangmin and Minwoo pair(KwangYoung!! XD)

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:55 PM

Good Job Best friends! ^^ 

You did a great job! 

(I'm kinda sad that I didn't get the chance to make a love letter to them... -I was busy with school ... T^T so it can't be helped *sigh)

But there'll be other projects right? ^^ I hope I can participate in the others to come ^^ haha XD

IYBF FIGHTING!!! ^^

btw, I also loved Kwangmin's hat!! haha XD it think it'll suit him :lol:

#9 tsoul

tsoul

Bestfriend

• Translator
  • 851 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Donghyun

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:03 PM

Thank you guys for making this project possible!! I love all of the guy's gifts & that 4D King hat is GENIOUS haha!

Bestfriends really appreciate your hard work ^^

Check out my fanfics at: http://www.asianfanf...tories/194471/L

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND

Tsoul ... TSUBASASOUL

#10 Guest_GinaL_bestfriend_*

Guest_GinaL_bestfriend_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:09 AM

It was so fun to help translate the game~♡♡
Jasmine, Kelly, Thanks for letting me help out>_<

#11 HelloBestCat

HelloBestCat

Chicken Little

• Bepeu Subs!
  • 464 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Minwoo

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

Wahhhh! Such an amazing and painful experience for u girls!!! Thank You for the project! :D I'm glad it was a success!

#12 jhayeminwoo

jhayeminwoo

Boyfriend's Trash ♥

• 679 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:06 PM

Very glad that Kwangminnie used already the personalized hat that we bepeus give to him. Kyaaaah!!! ❤❤❤ cheers for the success bepeus.

J H A Y E M I N W O O

#13 rahmadiwi

rahmadiwi

신리아

• 220 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:조영민❤

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:53 AM

Really thankyou because you all already make this project!!~ this really daebak!!~ two thumbs for you al!!~ o(╯□╰)o

Posted Image

조영민♥

He always become melody♪stars★and flowers🌸

In my heart

★★★★

#14 leejeongminnie

leejeongminnie

jeongmin simpson

• Global Mod
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:47 PM

Spoiler

• Suminnie, BmerangCheoroem and myonlyweakness 0892 like this

#15 leejeongminnie

leejeongminnie

jeongmin simpson

• Global Mod
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:48 PM

Spoiler

• Suminnie, BmerangCheoroem, HelloBestCat and 1 other like this

#16 Guest_GinaL_bestfriend_*

Guest_GinaL_bestfriend_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:56 PM

I kinda feel awkward showing them my ugly face><

#17 jhayeminwoo

jhayeminwoo

Boyfriend's Trash ♥

• 679 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:12 PM

I kinda feel awkward showing them my ugly face><

There's no ugly bepeus remember that. And boyfriend loves us on who we are. Bepeu, cheer up! God created us beautiful and perfect on his eyes.
  • leejeongminnie and Naomi811 like this

J H A Y E M I N W O O

#18 leejeongminnie

leejeongminnie

jeongmin simpson

• Global Mod
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:20 AM

There's no ugly bepeus remember that. And boyfriend loves us on who we are. Bepeu, cheer up! God created us beautiful and perfect on his eyes.

so true! don't think like that Gina~ You're perfect just the way you are! <3

#19 Suminnie

Suminnie

Advanced Member

• Donor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Maknae Line~☆

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:04 PM

so true! don't think like that Gina~ You're perfect just the way you are! <3

Exactly!!  I completely agree~~ You're wonderful Gina, don't ever think otherwise! ♥

• leejeongminnie likes this

#20 Guest_GinaL_bestfriend_*

Guest_GinaL_bestfriend_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:13 PM

Thank you for being so kind><

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: staff diary, xmas project, christmas project, xmas project 2014

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fanne95 : (20 June 2019 - 12:53 AM) Hello :)
@  LeeJeongRhie : (19 June 2019 - 12:58 AM) Hi~
@  Fanne95 : (27 May 2019 - 01:42 AM) @silverrara I know I was shocked too :(
@  silverrara : (18 May 2019 - 11:18 AM) boyfriend disbanded. Just why..??!!
@  auxilia : (12 February 2019 - 10:11 AM) Happy Donghyun Day 2019... time flies so fast, it's 2019 already >_< we barely hang out here TT
@  3rdbutton : (15 April 2018 - 04:06 AM) Hello, its been a looooong timeee
@  LeeJeongRhie : (02 April 2018 - 12:17 PM) anyone?
@  rafacha : (12 February 2018 - 09:27 PM) Happy Donghyun day!! :)
@  Deisy : (12 February 2018 - 03:54 PM) Había perdido este lugar y al fin lo encontré nuevamente.. Feliz San Valentin para los que quedan. Aún este lugar funciona?
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) advance happy valentine's day
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) this place is still here..
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 10:51 PM) Can I know where can I find wonder boy episode 8
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 08:54 PM) Hi! I'm new here.. Can I join this?
@  auxilia : (15 December 2017 - 09:04 PM) #13 is up ^^ i mean at my blog
@  yhen_26 : (22 October 2017 - 12:05 AM) Hi!! I am just a newbie to the fandom... Please take care of me :)))
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:27 PM) I'm back, it's  been so long i didn't come to this forum
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:26 PM) Annyeong bestfriend!!!
@  auxilia : (06 October 2017 - 06:16 PM) I'm back... anyone??
@  silverrara : (23 September 2017 - 10:48 AM) i wonder if boyfriend know this forum
@  Fanne95 : (24 August 2017 - 09:56 PM) Annyeong Bepues!!^^hahaha XD
@  Juli_min23 : (17 August 2017 - 06:18 AM) Hello
@  DandyPikachu : (01 August 2017 - 04:24 AM) Ah, I don't think there are any active sites that focus on Boyfriend alone, but photos you can probably get at the fansites that Korean Bepeus have! Or any Bestfriend really haha
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:14 PM) I just want to ask if anyone of you knows some fan website where I can get photos and information of Boyfriend such as www.boyfriendboyband.wordpress.com (?)  :dhthanks:
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:01 PM) Hi, Beppeus!  :lol:
@  Sami98 : (28 July 2017 - 02:15 AM) I'm so grateful to have found this forum. I don't know many Bestfriends outside of my friends (most of which I made them Bestfriends) so I hope I can make new friends here!