{translator} IYB Forum + @0526subs

• Translator
  • 1,443 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:쪼영쓰
  • Fave BF song:소나기

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:59 AM

FAQs + Streaming-related Question thread

Frequently Asked Questions

1. These tutorials only applies to iOS users?

Yes. If you have iPhone or iPad, these tutorials will help you install MelOn and GENIE app on your device, buy your own streaming and download coupon, and also shows you how to stream and download on MelOn and GENIE.

2. How about android users?

You can install MelOn and GENIE app on your android phone. However, you will need a help from your friend who use iOS to buy the streaming and download coupon for you.

MELON 

INSTALLING MELON APP ON ANDROID PHONE

Click HERE to download .apk file of MelOn app for android. Go to your phone memory and open the .apk file to start installing.

BUYING MELON STREAMING AND MP3 DOWNLOAD COUPON ON ANDROID PHONE

You can't do this step on your android phone. You can either borrow your family or friend's iPhone to buy the coupon, or ask help from an iOS user Bestfriend to buy the coupon for you. iOS users can help you buy the coupon as long as you give them your credit card details and MelOn ID and password. If you want to keep your password secret, you can change your password before/after doing so. Click HERE to read the tutorial about changing your MelOn password.

MELON STREAMING AND MP3 DOWNLOAD ON ANDROID PHONE

MelOn streaming and download on android phone works exactly the same as iOS. You can click HERE for MelOn streaming tutorial, and HERE for mp3 download tutorial.

-

GENIE 

INSTALLING GENIE APP ON ANDROID PHONE

Click HERE to download .apk file of GENIE app for android. Go to your phone memory and open the .apk file to start installing.

BUYING GENIE STREAMING COUPON ON ANDROID PHONE

You can't do this step on your android phone. You can either borrow your family or friend's iPhone to buy the coupon, or ask help from an iOS user Bestfriend to buy the coupon for you. iOS users can help you buy the coupon as long as you give them your credit card details and GENIE log in details (either facebook or twitter login details). 

GENIE STREAMING AND MP3 DOWNLOAD ON ANDROID PHONE

GENIE streaming and download on android phone works exactly the same as iOS. You can click HERE for GENIE streaming tutorial.

3. What is MelOn/GENIE coupon?

To be able to enjoy MelOn and GENIE service, like streaming and mp3 download, you need to buy MelOn/GENIE coupon first.

4. What is the difference between MelOn/GENIE streaming and mp3 download?

MelOn/GENIE streaming is listening to songs on your MelOn or GENIE app when your device is connected to internet. MelOn/GENIE mp3 download allows you to download the mp3 to your device and you can listen to the song without internet. The mp3 you downloaded from MelOn/GENIE is playable on any phone/laptop/music player that supports .mp3 file. Both MelOn/GENIE streaming and mp3 download counts to the song's rank on MelOn chart, Genie chart and Gaon chart. And these charts counts to the song's ranking on music shows.

5. Does it cost me some money to stream and download on MelOn/GENIE?

Yes. Please be aware that it will cost you money to buy MelOn/GENIE coupons. If you already have a MelOn/GENIE coupon, streaming and mp3 download is totally free.

For MelOn, the cheapest coupon for 30 days unlimited streaming costs 7.99 USD. While the one for 30 days unlimited streaming + 30 mp3 downloads costs 9.99 USD.

For GENIE, sadly, we cannot download songs, we can only stream. The streaming coupon for 30 days unlimited streaming costs 6.99 USD. 

6. How to make the payment?

You need to have a credit card registered on your Apple ID to buy the coupon. The MelOn/GENIE coupon will be bought through the iTunes store. And so, before you purchase the coupon, make sure you're already logged in into the store (using your Apple ID). iTunes store will then email you within a few minutes/hours with your purchase receipt. 

7. I don't have a credit card though?

You can buy an iTunes gift card which you can use to purchase coupons in MelOn/GENIE. BEFORE you redeem the gift card on your Apple account, make sure that you've already installed the MelOn/GENIE App on your phone. If not, you won't be able to install the app and stream.

After redeeming the gift card, then you can buy the coupons. This is possible as it is considered as an in-app purchase. After confirming your purchase, it will automatically deduct the coupon cost from your Apple ID/iTunes store balance. 

8. Can I just borrow my parent's credit card and register it under my Apple ID to buy the coupon?

Yes, it's okay for you to register a credit card in your Apple ID, even if the card is under a different name/owner (ie. your own Apple ID with your parent's/friend's credit card registered on it)

9. After downloading the MelOn/GENIE app, can I change the country/region settings in my Apple ID back to my own country?

You can change your country/region settings back to your own country AFTER you've bought the coupon. You can only buy the coupons when your Apple ID settings are set to KOREA.

10. How to make sure I'm streaming correctly?

Please be aware that playing the mp3 you've downloaded on MelOn/Genie won't be counted as streaming. You have to make sure that you are connected to the internet and stream the digital single. Here is how:

correctstreaming.jpg

Still Have More Questions?

If you have any questions or need further assistance regarding MelOn streaming and/or creating an account in MelOn, please leave them down below^^ We'll get back to you as soon as we can    :)

Alternatively, you can connect with us through twitter @beatrooot or @hyeonjia

• Velisha, hyunminchii and santiiminu like this

"Once a dream, now a reality."

{130809} kor-eng translator for imyourbestfriend forum

{140120} kor-eng translator for 0526subbing team

Posted Image

- youngmineekkeo/beatrooot -

#2 songil

songil

0526 Subbing Team Trainor

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 248 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Minwoo

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:19 PM

It said to stream every hour, but let's say I stream at 1.15pm, next one should I do at 2.15pm or it's okay if it's 2.06pm?

I hope you understand :D

#3 anonuna

anonuna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Lee Jeongmin

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:42 PM

hi hi , excuse me i just want to know after install MelOn app. and change apple ID to my country  when i start DL or streaming,  i no need to change my apple ID to korea again right? i mean i can DL & Streaming ob my own country setting right ?

• Velisha likes this

#4 beatrooot

beatrooot

• Translator
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:25 PM

It said to stream every hour, but let's say I stream at 1.15pm, next one should I do at 2.15pm or it's okay if it's 2.06pm?

I hope you understand :D

To be on the safe side, I'd say 2.15 ^-^ Hopefully we can push up BF's digital sales even more ;~;

Posted Image

#5 beatrooot

beatrooot

• Translator
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:26 PM

hi hi , excuse me i just want to know after install MelOn app. and change apple ID to my country  when i start DL or streaming,  i no need to change my apple ID to korea again right? i mean i can DL & Streaming ob my own country setting right ?

Yep!! That is right :) You just need to change your apple ID to Korea so that you can install the app. After that, you can just change it back to your country and start using the app ^^ Thank you!

Turns out that, when you're buying the coupon, you must have your country setting on your apple id in Korea. 

Posted Image

#6 chrsmtcalien

chrsmtcalien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:OT6

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:55 AM

Hi!!! I just want to ask if it is okay to change the country even before buying the coupons? It will not have an effect when buying the coupons once your Apple ID is changed back to its original country/region? ^^ Because I'm trying to buy the coupons right now but then it says I cannot use the Apple Store  :( I'm still trying to figure out what's the problem tho. Thank you!  :)

#7 beatrooot

beatrooot

• Translator
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:36 AM

Hi!!! I just want to ask if it is okay to change the country even before buying the coupons? It will not have an effect when buying the coupons once your Apple ID is changed back to its original country/region? ^^ Because I'm trying to buy the coupons right now but then it says I cannot use the Apple Store  :( I'm still trying to figure out what's the problem tho. Thank you!  :)

Ah I see, then i guess it's best to leave the country as Korea on your apple id when buying the coupon. Thanks for telling us^^

Posted Image

#8 anonuna

anonuna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:05 AM

Yep!! That is right :) You just need to change your apple ID to Korea so that you can install the app. After that, you can just change it back to your country and start using the app ^^ Thank you!

Turns out that, when you're buying the coupon, you must have your country setting on your apple id in Korea. 

Ahhh Thank you soooo much i got it ! Whaa so exciting to help bf for streaming all day & night soon kekeke by the way, im preparing to translate in thai. Can i use your cap pics as links and paste it to twitlonger?  

for example >> http://i1349.photobu...0-21-15-58.png

last Q for now , if i dont want to change my setting to my own , still in korea my phone is it ok? i guess some app. in my own country still not work but as your trick review if we're streaming our phone still setting in korea right? 

#9 beatrooot

beatrooot

• Translator
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:25 AM

Ahhh Thank you soooo much i got it ! Whaa so exciting to help bf for streaming all day & night soon kekeke by the way, im preparing to translate in thai. Can i use your cap pics as links and paste it to twitlonger?  

for example >> http://i1349.photobu...0-21-15-58.png

last Q for now , if i dont want to change my setting to my own , still in korea my phone is it ok? i guess some app. in my own country still not work but as your trick review if we're streaming our phone still setting in korea right? 

Congratulations! Oh yes!!! Please do translate it and spread the word!!!

Keeping your apple id settings on Korea is fine :)  I think you need the settings to be on Korea when buying the coupons

Posted Image

#10 chrsmtcalien

chrsmtcalien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:OT6

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:57 PM

So I just tried buying the coupons and checked in which country/region would work for me but unfortunately, I can't still purchase it :'(. But I will still keep on trying. Thank you again for all your hard work!~ Fighting! \o/

#11 beatrooot

beatrooot

• Translator
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:59 PM

So I just tried buying the coupons and checked in which country/region would work for me but unfortunately, I can't still purchase it :'(. But I will still keep on trying. Thank you again for all your hard work!~ Fighting! \o/

Yeah, Just make sure you set your country to Korea, then it should work. It wouldn't work with any other country

Posted Image

#12 myonlyweakness 0892

myonlyweakness 0892

Boyfriend's Soulmate

• 1,848 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Hyunseong, Youngmin, Minwoo

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:52 PM

Ok so today I tried to switch my apple account to Korea and it said I had a balance on my account so before I could change I had to spend it. I mean how was I going to spend 32 cents. So I just made a new apple account I wanted to let everyone know in case they come across this.

#13 beatrooot

beatrooot

• Translator
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:07 PM

Ok so today I tried to switch my apple account to Korea and it said I had a balance on my account so before I could change I had to spend it. I mean how was I going to spend 32 cents. So I just made a new apple account I wanted to let everyone know in case they come across this.

Ah thank you so much for sharing!!! So, were you able to get the app or buy the coupon?

Posted Image

#14 anonuna

anonuna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:01 PM

Congratulations! Oh yes!!! Please do translate it and spread the word!!!

Keeping your apple id settings on Korea is fine :)  I think you need the settings to be on Korea when buying the coupons

yes! i hope iOS users will help boyfriend as much as possible anyway i have some Q again. its about MelOn coupon package. "for streaming only" there is still have period too? 30 days for only streaming? so if my coupon "for streaming + DL 30mps" end but bf's cb still need streaming for helping their rank i should buy "for streaming only" right? 

#15 beatrooot

beatrooot

• Translator
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:03 PM

yes! i hope iOS users will help boyfriend as much as possible anyway i have some Q again. its about MelOn coupon package. "for streaming only" there is still have period too? 30 days for only streaming? so if my coupon "for streaming + DL 30mps" end but bf's cb still need streaming for helping their rank i should buy "for streaming only" right?

Yep^^ just buying the streaming only coupon after your first one expires is totally fine :) as long as we can stream, then there's no problem :D

Posted Image

#16 anonuna

anonuna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:16 PM

Yep^^ just buying the streaming only coupon after your first one expires is totally fine :) as long as we can stream, then there's no problem :D

Thank you million times!!  i got it all now. well ... i hope if you have a free time pls help us, international fan help upgrade our level in boyfriend cafe by use streaming , i know that we can see bf talk talk forum if we upgrade by streaming cap or sth. im not sure. thank you again ^^

#17 beatrooot

beatrooot

• Translator
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:14 PM

Thank you million times!!  i got it all now. well ... i hope if you have a free time pls help us, international fan help upgrade our level in boyfriend cafe by use streaming , i know that we can see bf talk talk forum if we upgrade by streaming cap or sth. im not sure. thank you again ^^

Ah yeah, but to level up, you'd have to buy and stream WITCH from two different online music sites

Posted Image

#18 myonlyweakness 0892

myonlyweakness 0892

Boyfriend's Soulmate

• 1,848 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Hyunseong, Youngmin, Minwoo

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:06 AM

Ah thank you so much for sharing!!! So, were you able to get the app or buy the coupon?

It worked I don't know why I couldn't switch stores with left over money on my account. So the easiest thing to do was make a new account.

#19 beatrooot

beatrooot

• Translator
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:21 AM

It worked I don't know why I couldn't switch stores with left over money on my account. So the easiest thing to do was make a new account.

hmmm I wonder why too... But at least you have the app and were able to buy the coupon? ^-^

Posted Image

#20 auxilia

auxilia

베스트프렌드

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:BOYFRIEND | 보이프렌드 | ボーイフレンド

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:07 AM

About the app., do i need to install melon or genie on my phone? can i buy coupon and do the streaming through melon's website??

i tried to download the apk file, but i can't

힘내라!

4bhDWbw55GXWzoVlCeTm.jpg
@aauxilia_

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fanne95 : (20 June 2019 - 12:53 AM) Hello :)
@  LeeJeongRhie : (19 June 2019 - 12:58 AM) Hi~
@  Fanne95 : (27 May 2019 - 01:42 AM) @silverrara I know I was shocked too :(
@  silverrara : (18 May 2019 - 11:18 AM) boyfriend disbanded. Just why..??!!
@  auxilia : (12 February 2019 - 10:11 AM) Happy Donghyun Day 2019... time flies so fast, it's 2019 already >_< we barely hang out here TT
@  3rdbutton : (15 April 2018 - 04:06 AM) Hello, its been a looooong timeee
@  LeeJeongRhie : (02 April 2018 - 12:17 PM) anyone?
@  rafacha : (12 February 2018 - 09:27 PM) Happy Donghyun day!! :)
@  Deisy : (12 February 2018 - 03:54 PM) Había perdido este lugar y al fin lo encontré nuevamente.. Feliz San Valentin para los que quedan. Aún este lugar funciona?
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) advance happy valentine's day
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) this place is still here..
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 10:51 PM) Can I know where can I find wonder boy episode 8
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 08:54 PM) Hi! I'm new here.. Can I join this?
@  auxilia : (15 December 2017 - 09:04 PM) #13 is up ^^ i mean at my blog
@  yhen_26 : (22 October 2017 - 12:05 AM) Hi!! I am just a newbie to the fandom... Please take care of me :)))
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:27 PM) I'm back, it's  been so long i didn't come to this forum
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:26 PM) Annyeong bestfriend!!!
@  auxilia : (06 October 2017 - 06:16 PM) I'm back... anyone??
@  silverrara : (23 September 2017 - 10:48 AM) i wonder if boyfriend know this forum
@  Fanne95 : (24 August 2017 - 09:56 PM) Annyeong Bepues!!^^hahaha XD
@  Juli_min23 : (17 August 2017 - 06:18 AM) Hello
@  DandyPikachu : (01 August 2017 - 04:24 AM) Ah, I don't think there are any active sites that focus on Boyfriend alone, but photos you can probably get at the fansites that Korean Bepeus have! Or any Bestfriend really haha
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:14 PM) I just want to ask if anyone of you knows some fan website where I can get photos and information of Boyfriend such as www.boyfriendboyband.wordpress.com (?)  :dhthanks:
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:01 PM) Hi, Beppeus!  :lol:
@  Sami98 : (28 July 2017 - 02:15 AM) I'm so grateful to have found this forum. I don't know many Bestfriends outside of my friends (most of which I made them Bestfriends) so I hope I can make new friends here!