10 replies to this topic

#1 yunha

yunha

Advanced Member

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 74 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:DH HS JM YM KM MW weirdos

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

The drama Kwangmin is featuring in, "마법천자문" (Thousand Magic Chinese Letters, literal translation) will air its first episode on the 6th of August, 2014. 08. 06. It is a kids' drama! It will have 50 episodes in total, and is aimed to help kids learn Chinese characters, so it is an educational project.

BtJg7FpCMAMXVa2.jpg

(official poster pic cr. goflvhxj061)

It will be airing Wednesdays and Thursdays, and depending on the viewer ratings, the original 50 episodes might be increased to 100 episodes. It will be broadcast on KBS 2TV channel.

Filming started 2014. 06. 22 at Sanghyun Elementary School (상현초등학교). It's scheduled to be filmed there every Sunday but that might change depending on the situation.

Other characters revealed are going to be played by F.Cuz's Raehyun, actresses Cheon Yi Seul and Lee Yun Kyung to name a few.

It is based off the best-selling manhwa series, 마법천자문. Dis one

tumblr_inline_n93ob1K6i61rqwe2v.jpg

Official synopsis! There are a lot of hidden meanings so I will add translator notes in different colors:

3000 years ago...

Descendant of the legendary Monkey King (손오공/孙悟空/Sohn Oh Gong)

Samjang(삼장/紧箍咒)* and Bodhi Dosa (보리도사/菩提)*

The evil overlord who tries to sweep the world with evil
The servants of the overlord Honseh (혼세: chaos) and Heukoon (흑운/黑雲: means dark cloud)
A fantasy drama that children and teenagers all over Asia both can enjoy about keeping justice and honor and protecting the present world through magic battles...

*[these names are of Buddhist background, Samjang is Buddhist scripture and Bodhi Dosa represents wisdom because it's under the Bodhi tree Buddha gained enlightenment. "도사" in "보리도사" can be translated into "master", "wizard", "guru", "expert", etc. This character acts as the master of the main character, the Monkey King Sohn Oh Gong. ]

Personal simplified summary: Non-realistic characters get thrown into the human world to find the Magic Characters that have been scattered. These characters are very important to keeping world peace, as well as magical. For example if someone says "불 화! (火)" then fire will magically appear. ^^

Note: It has been said by Donghyun at their last fan signing event that Kwangmin isn't going to appear in the 1st episode. However, Boyfriend encourages you watch anyway so that you can understand the plot!

CR: JTBC News/Sports Korea/various casting sites - trans by yunha

PS: PHEW. Is that overwhelming or what. Sorry about all the little notes!! I just really like this story >_< Please don't hate me if I'm wrong on the info though D: I just translated.. But it should be correct, because it was repeated on various official sites, etc. ^^ I am super excited, because I read the manhwa as a kid and definitely going to watch every episode~~ All 50.. or 100.. :o

• tsopao, babeluvsu, _WETBOYWOO and 11 others like this

tumblr_n8h56nHdg71rxvvj9o1_400.gif

♥ boypriendeu pabos 

-twitter: @bestf98-

#2 Seollie

Seollie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:♥ 조광민 ♥

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:18 PM

Thanks for the trans and info ^^ tho it's still new for me about this story, i'm gonna watch for each episodes since there's Kwangmin XD I don't quite understand about the sinopsis u.u really need to watch this teehee~ ^.~

• yunha and JoJaJia like this

✿ ❀ PINKY PIKA NEW WORLD ❀ ✿

tumblr_n1mb9i3Fyf1s49tmho1_500.gif

tumblr_m3wh6j6Cnv1qdlkyg.gif
"I love you to infinite and you're mine only"

My Alien, 4D Prince.......or /absolutelynot/ 조광민 

#3 yunha

yunha

Advanced Member

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

Thanks for the trans and info ^^ tho it's still new for me about this story, i'm gonna watch for each episodes since there's Kwangmin XD I don't quite understand about the sinopsis u.u really need to watch this teehee~ ^.~

I added a personal summary that I remember haha xD it's a spin off of something traditional, if I'm correct.. :3

♥ boypriendeu pabos 

#4 rahmadiwi

rahmadiwi

신리아

• 220 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:조영민❤

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

고마워요윤하~~ *I just know that XD *
I think I ever watched about this story?
There is 4 personage in this story..Guru, the monkey, pig, and I'm forget the last one..
What that's right?
  • yunha likes this

Posted Image

조영민♥

He always become melody♪stars★and flowers🌸

In my heart

★★★★

#5 yunha

yunha

Advanced Member

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:18 AM

고마워요윤하~~ *I just know that XD *
I think I ever watched about this story?
There is 4 personage in this story..Guru, the monkey, pig, and I'm forget the last one..
What that's right?

Hehehehe are you learning Korean? >_<

Yes, yes that's right! Hmm I don't know if you heard this specific one, but this one is a spin-off the original, so it does sound like you are familiar with it(:

• rahmadiwi likes this

♥ boypriendeu pabos 

#6 rahmadiwi

rahmadiwi

신리아

• 220 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:조영민❤

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:02 AM

Hehehehe are you learning Korean? >_<
Yes, yes that's right! Hmm I don't know if you heard this specific one, but this one is a spin-off the original, so it does sound like you are familiar with it(:

아니요...my parents don't allow me to do that :"
Aaakkkhh..if like that, I often watched it and till now I still remembering opening&close song that drama XD
I'm curious How Kwangmin's acting in this drama^^ and I heard..Kwangmin become a teacher in this drama?

Posted Image

조영민♥

He always become melody♪stars★and flowers🌸

In my heart

★★★★

#7 euphoria

euphoria

Advanced Member

• 59 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Minwoo

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

Even though it's educational I'm so excited for it  :wub:

Learning Chinese characters? I'm taking Chinese class in the Fall so this is perfect for me!!  :)

Kwangmin's acting cant wait! 

Posted Image Posted Image

#8 yunha

yunha

Advanced Member

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:24 AM

아니요...my parents don't allow me to do that :"
Aaakkkhh..if like that, I often watched it and till now I still remembering opening&close song that drama XD
I'm curious How Kwangmin's acting in this drama^^ and I heard..Kwangmin become a teacher in this drama?

Ooh that sucks :(

Ah that's great!! This storyline has several animes I think... ^^

Yes, I've heard that but I'm not completely sure. Well, we know he will be something important because he's on the poster, right?(:

• rahmadiwi likes this

♥ boypriendeu pabos 

#9 yunha

yunha

Advanced Member

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:27 AM

Even though it's educational I'm so excited for it  :wub:

Learning Chinese characters? I'm taking Chinese class in the Fall so this is perfect for me!!  :)

Kwangmin's acting cant wait! 

Yes yes yes me tooooo!!!(: I really liked it as a kid and I'm sure I'll still like it now my mental-ness hasn't grown haha

but really it's been made to be educational yet fun. Like it just introduces you to concepts of Chinese characters but still follows a pretty good storyline, in my opinion... :3

♥ boypriendeu pabos 

#10 myonlyweakness 0892

myonlyweakness 0892

Boyfriend's Soulmate

• 1,848 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Hyunseong, Youngmin, Minwoo

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:15 AM

Wow way to go kwangmin. Now where would I find the episode I have already missed

#11 syeikhazulaikha

syeikhazulaikha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:조광민

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

Where actually we can find this drama online streaming or download? Help me...!!!,

“If you like somebody, don’t stress about it, pick up your courage and try confessing.”
“누군가를 좋아한다면, 고민 하지 말고 용기를 가지고 고백해 보세요.”

Utmxqd.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: news, info, kwangmin

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fanne95 : (20 June 2019 - 12:53 AM) Hello :)
@  LeeJeongRhie : (19 June 2019 - 12:58 AM) Hi~
@  Fanne95 : (27 May 2019 - 01:42 AM) @silverrara I know I was shocked too :(
@  silverrara : (18 May 2019 - 11:18 AM) boyfriend disbanded. Just why..??!!
@  auxilia : (12 February 2019 - 10:11 AM) Happy Donghyun Day 2019... time flies so fast, it's 2019 already >_< we barely hang out here TT
@  3rdbutton : (15 April 2018 - 04:06 AM) Hello, its been a looooong timeee
@  LeeJeongRhie : (02 April 2018 - 12:17 PM) anyone?
@  rafacha : (12 February 2018 - 09:27 PM) Happy Donghyun day!! :)
@  Deisy : (12 February 2018 - 03:54 PM) Había perdido este lugar y al fin lo encontré nuevamente.. Feliz San Valentin para los que quedan. Aún este lugar funciona?
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) advance happy valentine's day
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) this place is still here..
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 10:51 PM) Can I know where can I find wonder boy episode 8
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 08:54 PM) Hi! I'm new here.. Can I join this?
@  auxilia : (15 December 2017 - 09:04 PM) #13 is up ^^ i mean at my blog
@  yhen_26 : (22 October 2017 - 12:05 AM) Hi!! I am just a newbie to the fandom... Please take care of me :)))
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:27 PM) I'm back, it's  been so long i didn't come to this forum
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:26 PM) Annyeong bestfriend!!!
@  auxilia : (06 October 2017 - 06:16 PM) I'm back... anyone??
@  silverrara : (23 September 2017 - 10:48 AM) i wonder if boyfriend know this forum
@  Fanne95 : (24 August 2017 - 09:56 PM) Annyeong Bepues!!^^hahaha XD
@  Juli_min23 : (17 August 2017 - 06:18 AM) Hello
@  DandyPikachu : (01 August 2017 - 04:24 AM) Ah, I don't think there are any active sites that focus on Boyfriend alone, but photos you can probably get at the fansites that Korean Bepeus have! Or any Bestfriend really haha
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:14 PM) I just want to ask if anyone of you knows some fan website where I can get photos and information of Boyfriend such as www.boyfriendboyband.wordpress.com (?)  :dhthanks:
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:01 PM) Hi, Beppeus!  :lol:
@  Sami98 : (28 July 2017 - 02:15 AM) I'm so grateful to have found this forum. I don't know many Bestfriends outside of my friends (most of which I made them Bestfriends) so I hope I can make new friends here!