Photo

How did you first find out about BOYFRIEND?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Velisha

Velisha

Forever Bestfriend

• Admin
  • 1,131 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Minwoo
  • Fave BF song:Standing With You

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:15 AM

Hello Bestfriends~

I want to know how you first knew our fabulous Boyfriend. Did you know them since debut? Did their cute concept during Boyfriend era catch your attention? Or the more manly Don't Touch My Girl concept?

Did you like them since the beginning you knew them? Or did you gradually grow affection towards them?

Share here your first encounter with Boyfriend and which member you had crush on first.

Ehm... my Boyfriend story is kinda long so I'll post it later. Meanwhile, please tell me yours!

• jhietery, chellowmin07 and pikachunijas like this

minwoo_zpszoa7q2u1.png

#2 youngkwangs

youngkwangs

Advanced Member

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 215 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:antiboyfriend

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:56 AM

i know boyfriend through my classmates. they keep on talking and spazzing about the latest kpop group so i secretly listened to them. i wondered why they are so attach to this kind of thing unlike me who is very biased to Justin Bieber that time. I think if i am not mistaken they also brought a picture of them so i looked at it carefully and Kwangmin's the first one, shall i say i am attracted to him. Later at home, I searched up on him and appeared Boyfriend profile. Starting that day, I was very into to them and started to like kpop music better. Well, i dont feel any regret till now. :)  

• jhietery likes this

tumblr_mweg6zIAOP1r6pl5jo1_250.giftwitter: @youngkwangs | tumblr: seutasuib

#3 jhietery

jhietery

광민이 베프

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 344 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:조광민 / 동현.. ^^

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:21 AM

well mine was when i am searching for another drama of sohyun, so instead of a drama BOYFRIEND'S IYAH MUSIC VIDEO appeared,, and I'm so stupid when I'm watching the video, well i admit because im super SLOW.. while watching the MV, the first scene is when they meet in a certain part of their school where they sitting together outside.. I counted them so the group have a 6 member.. then i notice this guy <KM> riding in a bike bike "woah so handsome" i said to myself.. then again <YM> while singing his part.. then <KM> while doing his rap part.. "OMO this guy can sing and rap at the same time.. and i always see his face in the MV.. <really how stupid I am, but that is the first time i saw them so please ^^> then later on i just realized that IM NOT SEEING JUST ONE MAN,, 

...i really love kwangmin's hair on that music video.. the purple hair.. :wub: the way he stare and do his rap.. aww oozing with appeal..  :wub:

• youngkwangs and `moo like this

#4 0102junn

0102junn

Advanced Member

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 112 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:쩡미니~ 내사랑♥

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:27 AM

I came to know the boys when they first debuted~ I was watching music bank when I saw these boys performing~ ㅋㅋㅋ~ their concept was so cute that it caught my attention~ :rolleyes:

and of course, who wouldn't be surprised to see a pair of twins in a group?? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ i did a little research on them but i later got out of interest as I well, was in love with another group then. =P

then these boys hit me again with their Janus concept, which I again saw on music bank. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ~ i was in total awe. i think seriously... my jaw literally dropped when i saw how matured those cute boys were compared to what i saw back then!

and that had totally make me fall in love with them~ :wub:

• youngkwangs likes this

gif_200x160_df88a0_zps509820d0.gif

Twitter: @0430junn

#5 songil

songil

0526 Subbing Team Trainor

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 248 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Minwoo

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

early 2011, when I was attracted with idol, when 2010 I just watched variety show so I do know some of them only names, not songs. I downloaded all performances MVs from early 2011, like b2st, secret and b1a4. when boyfriend debut mv came out, I watched it (just because).

the one that made me fall in love with them was minwoo smile when opening Boyfriend mv (you know which one) :wub:  that when I thought, "this guy has pretty face and angelic smile" ppyong I just love them like that. since then I never missed their performances nor their debut show m!pick. since then I'm a fan of them  B)

• youngkwangs likes this

#6 ltan13

ltan13

海绵宝宝

• Global Mod
  • 382 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:47 PM

I can't remember where I first found out about BOYFRIEND but what I can remember is that I watched the first 30 seconds of BOYFRIEND's Boyfriend a few weeks after their debut and I was overwhelmed by the cheesiness of the MV and I couldn't take the cuteness of the boys (I wasn't able to accept the fact that boys are able to act cute because boys around me are super manly...)

I. JUST. COULD. NOT. TAKE. IT. ANY. LONGER. THAT. I. TURNED. MY COMPUTER. OFF. 

Andddddd I've found this video by Brent which totally fitted what I thought at that time and I resonate with how he feels towards them too :3

Anyway, I forgot about them for about a year and half before I re-discovered them through Ouran High School Host Club in December 2012. I was watching the Japanese live action of OHSHC at that time and coincidentally found a post about YoungKwang when I was searching about the Takagi twins on Tumblr 

THIS IS THE EXACT POST THAT PULLED ME INTO THIS DEEP POOL OF CUTENESS + FEELS DOOM

tumblr_m0wndqT6Z71r45687o1_500.png

I love twins so as a curious being I am, I decided to search them up. #not-a-very-great-life-decision

With a few click, I found BOYFRIEND's latest comeback (at that time), JANUS, to which I was like 'omg this is really cool' and 'omg look at those beautiful French outfits'. Afterwards, with another few clicks, I found their debut song, Boyfriend, which I have put at the back of my mind for one and a half year. This time round, it had done the trick. I was super interested in them omg //it just meant that my mentality slightly changed along the way// I watched all of their performances, MVs, shows etc. 

I think third week into liking BOYFRIEND, I broke down because I have NEVER LIKED BOY BANDS in the whole course of my life (I'm mostly indie mando-pop + indie english songs) and suddenly BOOM there's BOYFRIEND... :"( I guess at that time I thought I'd be one of those really diehard crazy fangirls after liking them very much but guess what? Turns out that I'm still the same old me who takes it easy when it comes to my favourite singers/bands. 

ANYWAY - My point is that after re-watching BOYFRIEND for the second time, I became a fan of them ^^

I'm sorry if I bored you in any way and I'm sorry you had to read this post which is full of my dumb experience + thoughts of BOYFRIEND kthxbye 

• `moo likes this

#7 gjolene

gjolene

HSLOVER

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 236 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:shimacho

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

allkpop posted about an idol group called boyfriend with twins in it i thought the name of the group was ridiculous

and it was even more absurd that they had a song the same name as their band name

but after watching it...... oh my god 

DEY R SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO QT 

so yeah since then hehe 

twitter I don't accept all follower requests

EEwk3ss.gif

credits to: http://b--things.tum...ost/65615800609

#8 mirrorprincess

mirrorprincess

💛Jeongminnie's Wife💛

• 321 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:❤Jeongmin❤

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

Well for me, it was when the JO twins + Minwoo where on All My love

Then the first debut in 2011 with BOYFRIEND, BOYFRIEND><

#9 Issa

Issa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Kwangmin

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:53 AM

I saw the twin's teaser photo on Allkpop and instantly fell in love with them. I thought they're so cute, like anime characters! I wasn't planning on being a fan at all and I wasn't very nice in my first comments about the "Boyfriend" MV, but I found myself always sneakily watching their live performances and also just to see Youngmin's blond cuteness. It was like a guilty pleasure. By the time "Don't Touch My Girl" came out I was refreshing Youtube over and over again and posting tons of comments just so it would have more views XD I fell so hard for them by then.

PROJECT_zpsbfaa19e8.jpg

#10 pikachunijas

pikachunijas

Kwangmin's dream buddy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:kwangmin

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

I've known Boyfriend from my oh so loving classmate/friend. She keeps on telling me about Boyfriend ( and I must admit, I'm not really interested with it at first since Lee Min Ho is going to visit our country that time and I'm kinda busy preparing for it.. keke) Then after Lee Min Ho's event. I borrowed my friend's phone and sent some song's from her phone to mine then I saw, Boyfriend song, I sent it to my phone and then I found the song super catchy and I searched for the MV of the song and since  then I got myself sooooo INLOVE with Boyfriend and of course with Kwangmin too.. hehehe :D

gif_500x160_470d53_zps0faa070a.gif
AwwwsoCuteDancinPikachu_47bf65_4679610_zmy pikachu^^

#11 loveboyfriend4ever

loveboyfriend4ever

Minwoo's bae

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:No Minwoo

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

Well, i knew boyfriend when my friend was telling abt kpop. She was actually talking abt Exo at first so i tried out Exo but didnt lyk it. Den she asked me to try Boyfriend's Boyfriend that she think it was nice. Den i fell in love with the song. At first my bias was youngmin coz my friend showed me only youngmins pic. After watching the Boyfriend mv i saw the guy with the red cap n now Minwoo is my one n only bias^^ <3

@loveboyfriend4ever
사 랑 해 여 보 이 프 랜 드<3

3125535NCZQJdMh.gif

#12 tieria yuuchi

tieria yuuchi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jo Youngmin

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

i know BOYFRIEND from my classmate. She was reading a k-pop book. (If u want to know,i hate all about kpop) then i borrowed her book coz i curious. and i saw BF. At the first time,i was ,╰( ̄▽ ̄)╭ OMG! i saw the twins! and i fall in love with Youngmin! Lol simple right?
Seriously i really dont like their debut. But yeahh at thr same time i like too.
Then after few weeks,i left BF coz i think this group are totally same with other groups.
Until i watched Love Style. Yeahh i love the song! Catchy.
After few days i left BF again until my bestfriend (classmate) gave me her pendrive. Before that,im in love with KARA. i love KARA STEP MV. super catchy
okayy back to the BF.
then i saw BF JANUS & IYAH MV. (this happen last year i think)
so i tried watch JANUS first. First thought "hmm good" then i watched IYAH. Well i watched for the second time (JANUS) Guess what im thinking,,,

Im started to fall in love again with them!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
I love JANUS song coz at the same time,my ex-bf had left me. so the song gave me the biggest impact of my life.
Act i love all the member even my bias are YM.
woww they really2 matured in JANUS!! LOL XD
since then,i never left again my BOYFRIEND. I WILL SUPPORT THEM UNTIL DIE ..

* Im sorry for the poor english. I will improve my english ㄟ(≧◇≦)ㄏ
English are not my first lang. I can speak Malay,Engliah,Japan ( a little bit coz now im still learn it),Chinese (a little bit too) and maybe Korean,Italian ( a little bit too) Mianhae Bestfriend!

BOYFRIEND あいしてる♥♥♥♥♥

#13 rocketgirl

rocketgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

I wasn't really a fan of kpop before, but then my classmate told me to listen to this song - Boyfriend and I was immediately LSSed~ so when I got home, I looked it up.  The first guy I noticed Jeongmin, then I noticed the twins *u* I've been kind of obsessed with twins eversince (I wanted to have a twin sister by cloning or something then I wanted to have twin kids in the future)

Since then, I started to wait for their comebacks. But when I started to watch their variety shows, I just fell in love ♥ ♥ ♥ That's when I think I became officially addicted to them. ♥_♥

tumblr_mp5hxw6Az91qavy3ho1_500.png    tumblr_mot4n2LdaH1rmdejao2_250.gif

~ Never forget the feeling of a challenge ~

Is it so wrong if I ship twincest?

#14 SouL_BF

SouL_BF

SouLmate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:No Min Woo

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

I know Boyfriend maybe aroun November 2011..
i know BF in TV..
BF singing Boyfriend and You amd I song...
the first, i just download the Song...
and in December 2011, i use You and I song for dance...

cause i always hear this song, I want to know boyfriend:)
I search this member profile in January,
and since i know that BF has 3 maknae Line.. (95L) it just different 1 year for me...
i love BF...
specially Minwoo...
in the first i see BF, I love Minwoo until Now...

since January i try to their fans...
i don't know what mean of fandom, bias, etc..
but since i know BF, i study all about Kpop..
i know that i'm is a Bestfriend, and minwoo biased..
and I also have many Friends cause BF...

kkk~
proud know Boyfriend... <3

:wub: 김동현, :wub: 심현성, :wub: 이정민, :wub: 조영민, :wub: 조광민, :wub: 노민우, :wub: 

보이프렌드  :wub:

#15 beatrooot

beatrooot

{translator} IYB Forum + @0526subs

• Translator
  • 1,443 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:쪼영쓰
  • Fave BF song:소나기

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

How did I know about BOYFRIEND.. Well, lemme tell you how^^

It was the 27th of May, yes a day after their debut on MCountdown!, when I discovered our precious boys ever so randomly.

At the time, I only knew big bands like SHINee, SNSD, 2ne1 etc. I was a late kpopper. Anyways, during that time, none of them were like promoting. So I thought to myself, 'Why not give these other bands a chance'. After that I went on YouTube and just looked at some performances of some bands. I can't remember which band/video it was though. Anyways, as I was watching, I saw this featured video on the right, which was Boyfriend's Music Bank debut performance. I was like, 'Oh, cool title, interesting thumbnail...'. So, I clicked on it and watched it. And I was.. mesmerized. They were so in sync with each other, the boys are gorgeous and the song was.. kind of different but in a good way! I can't exactly remember how I felt tho TT^TT.

So I watched the whole video, and again on the featured video section, Boyfriend's first ever MV was there. Well, you guessed that right, I clicked on it. And that was the time I sucked in into this awesome and wonderful fandom. After that I tried to learn all their names, watched their shows (M!Pick) , and just... knew everything there is to know about Boyfriend. Ermeghedd. the feels cannot be explained TT^TT It was a really good experience of overflowing feels :D I REGRET NOTHING.

tumblr_mgjp99DKPo1relpvho1_250.gif

"Once a dream, now a reality."

{130809} kor-eng translator for imyourbestfriend forum

{140120} kor-eng translator for 0526subbing team

Posted Image

- youngmineekkeo/beatrooot -

#16 innocentruru

innocentruru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:all of them <3

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

As for me, its on the year 2012..its because of this friend of mine..she told me to listen to boyfriend(their song).she told me things about boyfriend but since i really dont care about these boybands(coz all i care about is jang geunseuk..before!)i just listened to it and told her"yea its cute" thats it.(at first!)

Then,days passed.i forgot them(FORGIVE ME!!)i tuned in to channel M and i saw boyfriend tv(w academy) i remembered them again..so much for my curiousity,i watched it.then i saw youngmin..i was like O.O..whos that? Ive mistaken youngmins name was minwoo(because when the teacher is talking to minwoo,youngmin was beside him and hes nodding like the teacher was talking to him)after that day,i excitedly told my friend that i love minwoo(which is youngmin)she was like,back off!hes mine!!we laughed for awhile but serious again when she told me "seriously,your bias is minwoo?the cute guy with the small eyes?"then i started wondering.he is cute but he dont have small eyes..i must have been mistaken..

Days passed.i forgot them ones again(FORGIVE ME AGAIN!)i changed jang geunseuk to kim soohyun at that time(ye im a bad girl)i was surfing the net at an internet shop for an assignment.there are still 12 min.remaining..so i searched soohyuns picture,saved it on my phone and totally fangirling there!then when i clicked "new tab" i remembered them again.curiousity strikes again and i searched for their profile.i was surprise when i saw minwoo.O.o..this is not the guy.then i learned it was youngmin.when i started saving for their pictures,my memory is full.by that time,i erase everything bout soohyun and replaced it with boyfriend..then i thought..will i replace boyfriend easily like the others?

Im glad i didnt!we will be one year tomorrow! July 1..and i was known as the boyfriends girlfriend by our whole campus xD im way too addicted to them.and i know,ill never replace them again :))

Sorry for the long post xD
보이프렌드 오빠들,난 너의 여자친구!! <3

#17 rocketgirl

rocketgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

kudos to all our classmates and friends who have led us to this fandom *u*

• Velisha likes this

tumblr_mp5hxw6Az91qavy3ho1_500.png    tumblr_mot4n2LdaH1rmdejao2_250.gif

~ Never forget the feeling of a challenge ~

Is it so wrong if I ship twincest?

#18 gabriella

gabriella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Boyfriend's members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:08 AM

The first time I saw their debut, *yeah i watched it* i thought why would their name be "Boyfriend" and the song was just too cute for a boyband. So I changed my channel into something that caught more of my attention. *forgive me*

Then, I was really curious about Janus at first (not knowing it was Boyfriend's song) so I ended up searching it on Youtube, and downloaded the MV because I thought it was pretty cool (the dance and else). For about a few months, i watched Janus and Janus only lols. One day I went looking for their live performances because i think if i made Janus live mix, it would be cool. The result came up and there was their Janus practice video. (I really like those kind of videos). And i realized how awesome these guys must be. And i downloaded their live performances, made a live mix, and searched for more of their songs. Downloaded every single of their MVs. Watched every single of their shows. And voila.. Here I am now.

Since then, i would never miss a day without Boyfriend..

#19 cacao

cacao

Learning BF's Language's 언니

• 499 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:47 AM

I actually did know there was a group named "Boyfriend" when they debuted...and before debut. I remember seeing teaser photos from Youngkwang when they first came out. I was interested and started to look forward for their debut. BUT the debut song at that time was too rainbows-and-flowers for me aka not my style and I didn't like it. So I didn't start to follow them. When they released Don't touch my girl, I liked it and saved it to my mp3 but that was it. I didn't notice them for a long time until last year when janus teasers came out. My nose was glued to my computer screen and I drooled teaser pics. I was really afraid what janus would sound like because sometimes some groups have awesome teasers but the song itself is disappointment....but when janus came out I was instantly hooked after listening just first seconds. I listened it everyday and started to look Boyfriend more closely and started to watch their variety shows (which are really awesome). From variety shows I discovered how adorable dorks the members are and their charms just captured me.

Since then I have been real Bestfriend.

Funny thing is, with every one of my biasgroups same thing has happened xD aka I didn't like them at first but they did sneak attack on me and I became totally crazy about them XD

I even like Boyfriend -song now which I first didn't like....now I'm pretty much addicted to all of their songs and I think I Yah is awesome album!!

#20 CuteySky21

CuteySky21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:YoungKwang

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

My sister told me about this Mv and it's kinda bubbly and cute too! It was a colourful MV and I didn't even understand anything since that is my first time going into the KPOP world Then saw an image in a KPOP magazine and it said that the group's name was BOYFRIEND when they are promoting Don't Touch My Girl. When I saw the pic, I knew instantly that Kwangmin and Minwoo is mine!  :D And I saw a blondie and I thought "Why is he ugly? :P"  I know right!!! I think I'm the first person who call him ugly >.< Then I watched the MV and I thought "That blondie isn't as ugly as I thought it would be..."

Then when they were promoting I'll Be There, I feel in love with their song! And when they starred in the W Academy, I just got attracted to them! Their personality is so funny especially Kwangmin's  ^_^ Then I found out that Youngmin is the older one. Well that's shocking :P 

Then Love came out, Kwangmin is sooo handsome!!! But when My Lady came out and also JANUS, I knew that my soulmate is Youngmin  :wub: 

Hope you enjoy my stowie ^_^

Just go with the flow~

tumblr_mygawkAK5H1rb42qqo1_400.gif

~My Instagram~

B) :wub: :wub: :P :wub: :wub: B)

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fanne95 : (20 June 2019 - 12:53 AM) Hello :)
@  LeeJeongRhie : (19 June 2019 - 12:58 AM) Hi~
@  Fanne95 : (27 May 2019 - 01:42 AM) @silverrara I know I was shocked too :(
@  silverrara : (18 May 2019 - 11:18 AM) boyfriend disbanded. Just why..??!!
@  auxilia : (12 February 2019 - 10:11 AM) Happy Donghyun Day 2019... time flies so fast, it's 2019 already >_< we barely hang out here TT
@  3rdbutton : (15 April 2018 - 04:06 AM) Hello, its been a looooong timeee
@  LeeJeongRhie : (02 April 2018 - 12:17 PM) anyone?
@  rafacha : (12 February 2018 - 09:27 PM) Happy Donghyun day!! :)
@  Deisy : (12 February 2018 - 03:54 PM) Había perdido este lugar y al fin lo encontré nuevamente.. Feliz San Valentin para los que quedan. Aún este lugar funciona?
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) advance happy valentine's day
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) this place is still here..
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 10:51 PM) Can I know where can I find wonder boy episode 8
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 08:54 PM) Hi! I'm new here.. Can I join this?
@  auxilia : (15 December 2017 - 09:04 PM) #13 is up ^^ i mean at my blog
@  yhen_26 : (22 October 2017 - 12:05 AM) Hi!! I am just a newbie to the fandom... Please take care of me :)))
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:27 PM) I'm back, it's  been so long i didn't come to this forum
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:26 PM) Annyeong bestfriend!!!
@  auxilia : (06 October 2017 - 06:16 PM) I'm back... anyone??
@  silverrara : (23 September 2017 - 10:48 AM) i wonder if boyfriend know this forum
@  Fanne95 : (24 August 2017 - 09:56 PM) Annyeong Bepues!!^^hahaha XD
@  Juli_min23 : (17 August 2017 - 06:18 AM) Hello
@  DandyPikachu : (01 August 2017 - 04:24 AM) Ah, I don't think there are any active sites that focus on Boyfriend alone, but photos you can probably get at the fansites that Korean Bepeus have! Or any Bestfriend really haha
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:14 PM) I just want to ask if anyone of you knows some fan website where I can get photos and information of Boyfriend such as www.boyfriendboyband.wordpress.com (?)  :dhthanks:
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:01 PM) Hi, Beppeus!  :lol:
@  Sami98 : (28 July 2017 - 02:15 AM) I'm so grateful to have found this forum. I don't know many Bestfriends outside of my friends (most of which I made them Bestfriends) so I hope I can make new friends here!