Photo

[INFO] Avoid editing and cropping the logo off the fantaken photos. Please. PLEASE.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 beatrooot

beatrooot

{translator} IYB Forum + @0526subs

• Translator
  • 1,443 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:쪼영쓰
  • Fave BF song:소나기

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

tumblr_inline_n146kv9Tad1qebz66.png
"I saw my photos on tumblr with the logo cropped off and the picture edited, and I don’t feel good about that… It’s like that you know……..I even wrote the guidelines (about no cropping the logo on the image nor editing the photo) on the bulletin board in different languages. If you still cannot read that, then how do you want me to write it, are you aliens, Tumblr!!!!!! Some people just assume that they can edit my photos just like that!!!!!!!!!!”

tumblr_inline_n146yaOzFH1qebz66.png

It’s possible that you don’t understand what I feel about my photos getting edited. But why do you place your logo after cutting NEVERLAND’s logo and editing it weirdly, what the heck is that about… Did you think that you can just do that with MY photos?? Though I am thankful for you looking at my lacking and badly taken photos, I am very very angry..!!!

Neverland’s Ari.

-

So last night (140216), Neverland’s master-nim (basically the owner/ the one that runs the fansite), was in rage after seeing the photos that she took with all of her efforts just got edited with her neverland logo cropped off, on tumblr. Looking at her tweets from last night, you really can tell, she was on fire. (For those of you who doesn't know who/what Neverland is.. Neverland is a Youngmin-based fansite ran by Ari, the one responsible for taking and providing us with God-like photos of Boyfriend's dumbest kid Youngmin.)

Taking high-quality fantaken photos and running a fansite is not an easy thing to do. They put a lot of hardwork and effort into this just to allow other people, like us international fans, see them even just though pictures. And also, it costs a lot of money. Just imagine being in their shoes for once. Wouldn’t you feel the same if you see your photos that you took with all of your hard work just being edited and not being credited back to you?

These photos that we take for granted was taken with their hard work and great amount of effort. They were the ones who went to all these different events, performances, shows, etc etc to take these high-quality images, not us. They were the ones who had to travel back and forth the country just to attend an overseas event/performance to take photos, not us. They were the ones who poured all of their hard work in taking these wonderful photos, not us. And they definitely deserve all the credit for doing so. Don't you think so?

And that’s the exact reason why they prohibited cropping off their logo from their photos. Some of the fansites are fine with their images being re-uploaded somewhere else, as long as you credit it back to them. But editing and cropping off their logo, that’s what they cannot, and never allow. This just doesn’t go with Neverland. This applies to every fansite/fantaken photos.

In the past, I know a fansite closed down just because of this reason; because their logo got cropped off from their OWN picture. All he/she wanted was to be credited for his/her hard work and effort.. But then, some people just kept on breaking these simple rules. I guess the master-nim of this fansite just got really tired and annoyed of telling these people repeatedly about the prohibition of cropping their logos and editing it. And therefore, the fansite closed down.

I know you don’t want this to happen in the future. Just imagine not being able to see any high-quality photos of your bias or favourite group. Just imagine your favourite fansite, whether it is burning up!, MySirius, superhero, neverland, anotherK, romeo, withM or any other fansites existent, closing down just because of this reason. Wouldn’t you feel sad and irritated at the same time?

But we can avoid this from happening in the future by doing little things.

-Make sure that you read all the rules of that specific fansite first before you re-post any fantaken photos somewhere else. Make sure that they allow you to move their photos.
-It is preferred that you ONLY edit official and news(?) photos.
-It’s okay to edit these photos, AS LONG AS YOU CREDIT THEM, and as long as the master-nim/fansite is alright with it. And also, DO NOT put another logo on the photo and DO NOT re-distribute the photo as your own.
-Never crop the logo on a fantaken photo. NEVER.
-Do not make gifs out of fantaken videos either. If you want to do so, just make sure that the master-nim/fansite allow people to edit their videos. Ask the master-nim even!
-Spread the word. Share this post. I am pretty sure a lot of us don’t know about these 'rules'. So it’s best if we create awareness in our fandom and the whole kpop community to try and minimise the reoccurrence of these incidents and the possible shut downs of our loving fansites.
-If you see anyone breaking these 'rules', tell them. You don't want your favourite fansite to shut down, right? Cause I certainly don't.

So that’s it. I just got really annoyed last night after seeing Neverland’s master-nim in rage because of some people breaking the rules. I hope you learned something from this.

beatrooot/youngmineekkeo x
(though the translation may not be 200% accurate, you can definitely get the idea of how angry Ari was yesterday.)

140323 Update - Jo Twins fansite WithM will no longer upload her fantaken photos online.

• jihyeon, babeluvsu, pikachunijas and 6 others like this

"Once a dream, now a reality."

{130809} kor-eng translator for imyourbestfriend forum

{140120} kor-eng translator for 0526subbing team

Posted Image

- youngmineekkeo/beatrooot -

#2 KwangIko

KwangIko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jo Kwangmin ( ジョクァンミン )

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

they're really don't have mind.. how they can do that to ARI? What they realize what they did to her? it's not nice and make people hurt...

ah~ i really don't believe this.. there are still many people in this world who do not have the responsibility..

I was very concerned to Ari.. :(

• KwangIko and Uzeefriend like this

#3 beatrooot

beatrooot

• Translator
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

they're really don't have mind.. how they can do that to ARI? What they realize what they did to her? it's not nice and make people hurt...

ah~ i really don't believe this.. there are still many people in this world who do not have the responsibility..

I was very concerned to Ari.. :(

Not just Ari.. but to the other fansites as well :(
And that just makes my blood boil.

Posted Image

#4 sonagi

sonagi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jeongmin

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

Aah, I've warned these tumblr users so many times for editing and cropping out watermarks. But their response was "I love editing" "I'm only editing for fans" "if you don't like it then don't reblog it". It gets me so angry that they're being so selfish and rude towards another person's property. 

• lovelyKDH likes this

#5 KwangIko

KwangIko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

Not just Ari.. but to the other fansites as well :(
And that just makes my blood boil.

really?? Romeo? Burning up? WITH M? ah~~ really don't have responsibility i feel sad.. >_<

#6 KwangIko

KwangIko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

Aah, I've warned these tumblr users so many times for editing and cropping out watermarks. But their response was "I love editing" "I'm only editing for fans" "if you don't like it then don't reblog it". It gets me so angry that they're being so selfish and rude towards another person's property. 

as their happiness on it, they should not to do it.. because it is the work of people who got hard and we should appreciate it...

#7 Velisha

Velisha

Forever Bestfriend

• Admin
  • 1,131 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Minwoo
  • Fave BF song:Standing With You

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

I still dont understand why tumblr edits are so important that they ignore that it is other people's photos n claim it as their own just because they adjust the hue & exposure. Srsly.
  • jihyeon, beatrooot, lovelyKDH and 1 other like this

minwoo_zpszoa7q2u1.png

#8 beatrooot

beatrooot

• Translator
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

that's exactly how I feel too... I mean editing is not a bad thing to do, just credit them back you know :(

Posted Image

#9 sonagi

sonagi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jeongmin

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

that's exactly how I feel too... I mean editing is not a bad thing to do, just credit them back you know :(

What's worse is that they don't feel the slightest remorse over it, even when they've been repeatedly told of the situation these fansite masters have to go through in order to take photos  <_<

• beatrooot likes this

#10 beatrooot

beatrooot

• Translator
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

What's worse is that they don't feel the slightest remorse over it, even when they've been repeatedly told of the situation these fansite masters have to go through in order to take photos  <_<

May God bless your words. Very well said. I'm bawling

Posted Image

#11 HelloBestCat

HelloBestCat

Chicken Little

• Bepeu Subs!
  • 464 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Minwoo

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

Woah a lot of stuff going on...
I don't use tumblr but after reading this I don’t see myself in the future on it.

Well, I definitely learned alot of things,about Never land, Master Nim,etc...

#12 helloimx

helloimx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:jeongmin. . basically ALL ^^

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:25 AM

Seriously, they are so bad. . They should not take no 'steal' others people hard work. . . Even though I don't use or know how Tumblr work (blur blur)* , but stealing other people work and editing them without their concern plus not credit to them back is like act of criminal. . I feel bad for those fan sites. . Hah~ some people really should be more responsible and have some manner . .
  • lovelyKDH likes this

#13 lovelyKDH

lovelyKDH

✿Donghyun's Wife✿

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:❤Leader❤

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:13 AM

This is really bad. :( I feel sad with NEVERLAND-ari.

Here I don't want too blame others. I will use this to warn myself.

though I'm not very active on tumblr (I'm in learning to use it) and just only re-blog, but I will remember to ALWAYS give credit if I edited picture and upload it to facebook or twitter from now on.

I was really following the Burning-UP Master-nim and I don't want she (or another fansite) to be closed down.

BESTFRIEND always beside BOYFRIEND

tumblr_static_2_zpsf68a60cd.gif

❤Lovely_KDH❤

#14 tsoul

tsoul

Bestfriend

• Translator
  • 851 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Donghyun

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:26 AM

This should be a heads up for everyone. I really don't use tumblr and I don't edit anything but it is sad that this editting/cropping logo issue has come to the point that a master-nim (Ari) of a well know fansite (NEVERLAND) has to pretty much scold Bestfriends  :( 

We know how little fansites are active and left so we must treat them with respect and really understand the effort they make to be able to give us amazing pictures of Boyfriend.

Well, let's create conscience to all Bestfriends out there :)  

• beatrooot likes this

Check out my fanfics at: http://www.asianfanf...tories/194471/L

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND

Tsoul ... TSUBASASOUL

#15 Donghyuninvy Kim

Donghyuninvy Kim

Donghyun's L♥ve

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:DongHyun + the rest of the members :3

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:39 AM

Lesson learned ^_^

Too bad, I edited photos before but I put credit(s) of the owner(s) of the picture(s) on the edited picture(s) itself, not removing the logo of the owner of the photo(s) and put my name on the photo(s) itself to identify who edited the photo just in case someone wants to get a hold of me (like if they want me to remove/delete the edited photo or scold me or get angry on what I did, etc)...

That is why I'm not going to use any fan owned photo(s) for editing purposes now. Instead I'm just gonna use those updated from Boyfriend and Starship official sites themselves so to minimize disrespect or something. But of course, I will definitely won't forget to credit BF for the sources I use ^_^

That's it. I hope we all take note of this seriously. :)
Cheers to all of us ^_^

#16 spiritkiss501

spiritkiss501

Advanced Member

• 247 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:jo twins

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:47 AM

i have this rule that if i see a fantaken picture on tumblr and the posts says: DO NOT EDIT i don't save it, simple as that. i only save news photos or offical photos. i avoid fantaken photos when and if i can help it. but sometimes they slip in there. my BF picture folder is highly lacking for the above reasons.
sig is down will put back soon thank you!
glitter made by angelicinnocence avatar by RHM

#17 AliceCandy_

AliceCandy_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:MINWOO, JEONGMIN
  • Fave BF song:Obsession

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:19 PM

Omg I didn't know this was a bad thing...
I've been editing a lot of boyfriend photos like my profile pic :(
I'm really sorry
Next time I'll credit the owner

2nb6kvm.gif    2w5sy1s.gif  p0v86.gif

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fanne95 : (20 June 2019 - 12:53 AM) Hello :)
@  LeeJeongRhie : (19 June 2019 - 12:58 AM) Hi~
@  Fanne95 : (27 May 2019 - 01:42 AM) @silverrara I know I was shocked too :(
@  silverrara : (18 May 2019 - 11:18 AM) boyfriend disbanded. Just why..??!!
@  auxilia : (12 February 2019 - 10:11 AM) Happy Donghyun Day 2019... time flies so fast, it's 2019 already >_< we barely hang out here TT
@  3rdbutton : (15 April 2018 - 04:06 AM) Hello, its been a looooong timeee
@  LeeJeongRhie : (02 April 2018 - 12:17 PM) anyone?
@  rafacha : (12 February 2018 - 09:27 PM) Happy Donghyun day!! :)
@  Deisy : (12 February 2018 - 03:54 PM) Había perdido este lugar y al fin lo encontré nuevamente.. Feliz San Valentin para los que quedan. Aún este lugar funciona?
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) advance happy valentine's day
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) this place is still here..
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 10:51 PM) Can I know where can I find wonder boy episode 8
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 08:54 PM) Hi! I'm new here.. Can I join this?
@  auxilia : (15 December 2017 - 09:04 PM) #13 is up ^^ i mean at my blog
@  yhen_26 : (22 October 2017 - 12:05 AM) Hi!! I am just a newbie to the fandom... Please take care of me :)))
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:27 PM) I'm back, it's  been so long i didn't come to this forum
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:26 PM) Annyeong bestfriend!!!
@  auxilia : (06 October 2017 - 06:16 PM) I'm back... anyone??
@  silverrara : (23 September 2017 - 10:48 AM) i wonder if boyfriend know this forum
@  Fanne95 : (24 August 2017 - 09:56 PM) Annyeong Bepues!!^^hahaha XD
@  Juli_min23 : (17 August 2017 - 06:18 AM) Hello
@  DandyPikachu : (01 August 2017 - 04:24 AM) Ah, I don't think there are any active sites that focus on Boyfriend alone, but photos you can probably get at the fansites that Korean Bepeus have! Or any Bestfriend really haha
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:14 PM) I just want to ask if anyone of you knows some fan website where I can get photos and information of Boyfriend such as www.boyfriendboyband.wordpress.com (?)  :dhthanks:
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:01 PM) Hi, Beppeus!  :lol:
@  Sami98 : (28 July 2017 - 02:15 AM) I'm so grateful to have found this forum. I don't know many Bestfriends outside of my friends (most of which I made them Bestfriends) so I hope I can make new friends here!