• Global Mod
  • 281 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:JEONGMIN MY FAVORITE MEME
  • Fave BF song:약속할게!! thanks jeong

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

STAFF DIARY

JEONGMIN'S 20TH BIRTHDAY PROJECT 2014

Hello Bestfriends,

I'm Kelly and I'm one of the Moderators here. Sorry for the delay on the report for JeongMin's Birthday Project this year, but here's the final report!

So... we just tackled the BoyFriend Christmas Project (which was really major, and ended successfully) so I thought that I finally would have some time to rest... Wrong. I was so-oh-totally-wrong! JeongMin's birthday was coming up in a few weeks and I couldn't just let that go to waste. Especially for all that he's done these past few years for me and other Bestfriends as well. (I'm talking about those body gags -***side eyeing you, Jeongminnie...) 

JeongMin was finally turning 20! Oh god, what a milestone. I wanted to do something special for him, but I really wasn't sure what. JeongMin has always managed to make me smile, so I wanted to give something back to him too. I wanted to make it worthwhile, but I wasn't sure if clothes/jewelry were the right thing to get (do u get my drift LOLOLOL)

In the end, I decided on donating to a charity with Jeongmin's name. I posted about it a only a few weeks away from his birthday, so the project was quick and small. 

tumblr_my1ttrqWkN1r167h4o1_500.jpg

I first found out about Camfed when I heard my peers talking about it in UNICEF. I searched it up and I learned it was an organization that helped send girls to school in Africa. I thought to myself, if Jeongmin already makes so many BestFriends smile, we should help and make others smile as well. So it was decided that we would accept quick donations to pool together a small fund for Camfed.

In the end, we managed to raise $75 USD. It wasn't much, but it was still money that could help many girls receive an education. We donated in JeongMin's name and sent an e-card to Starship. 

I think that the most important part of this project, was not just sending birthday wishes to Jeongmin, but also to send love to others as well. It might have not been as spectacular as other projects, but when has doing good ever been a bad thing?

Also, thanks to everyone that helped out on this project and may we celebrate many more birthdays with JeongMin!

• babeluvsu, beatrooot, Nanimin and 6 others like this

#2 babeluvsu

babeluvsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Minwoo

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

I think is really a great thing to do such charity cum birthday. I believe Jeongmin will be touched and happy that we helped him do charity (: May other projects to be coming up. ^^
Thanks ♡ It is nt the amount that matter but the participation
  • leejeongminnie likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: project, staff diary

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fanne95 : (20 June 2019 - 12:53 AM) Hello :)
@  LeeJeongRhie : (19 June 2019 - 12:58 AM) Hi~
@  Fanne95 : (27 May 2019 - 01:42 AM) @silverrara I know I was shocked too :(
@  silverrara : (18 May 2019 - 11:18 AM) boyfriend disbanded. Just why..??!!
@  auxilia : (12 February 2019 - 10:11 AM) Happy Donghyun Day 2019... time flies so fast, it's 2019 already >_< we barely hang out here TT
@  3rdbutton : (15 April 2018 - 04:06 AM) Hello, its been a looooong timeee
@  LeeJeongRhie : (02 April 2018 - 12:17 PM) anyone?
@  rafacha : (12 February 2018 - 09:27 PM) Happy Donghyun day!! :)
@  Deisy : (12 February 2018 - 03:54 PM) Había perdido este lugar y al fin lo encontré nuevamente.. Feliz San Valentin para los que quedan. Aún este lugar funciona?
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) advance happy valentine's day
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) this place is still here..
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 10:51 PM) Can I know where can I find wonder boy episode 8
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 08:54 PM) Hi! I'm new here.. Can I join this?
@  auxilia : (15 December 2017 - 09:04 PM) #13 is up ^^ i mean at my blog
@  yhen_26 : (22 October 2017 - 12:05 AM) Hi!! I am just a newbie to the fandom... Please take care of me :)))
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:27 PM) I'm back, it's  been so long i didn't come to this forum
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:26 PM) Annyeong bestfriend!!!
@  auxilia : (06 October 2017 - 06:16 PM) I'm back... anyone??
@  silverrara : (23 September 2017 - 10:48 AM) i wonder if boyfriend know this forum
@  Fanne95 : (24 August 2017 - 09:56 PM) Annyeong Bepues!!^^hahaha XD
@  Juli_min23 : (17 August 2017 - 06:18 AM) Hello
@  DandyPikachu : (01 August 2017 - 04:24 AM) Ah, I don't think there are any active sites that focus on Boyfriend alone, but photos you can probably get at the fansites that Korean Bepeus have! Or any Bestfriend really haha
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:14 PM) I just want to ask if anyone of you knows some fan website where I can get photos and information of Boyfriend such as www.boyfriendboyband.wordpress.com (?)  :dhthanks:
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:01 PM) Hi, Beppeus!  :lol:
@  Sami98 : (28 July 2017 - 02:15 AM) I'm so grateful to have found this forum. I don't know many Bestfriends outside of my friends (most of which I made them Bestfriends) so I hope I can make new friends here!