• 1,131 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Minwoo
  • Fave BF song:Standing With You

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

STAFF DIARY

BOYFRIEND XMAS PROJECT 2013

Bestfriend Selca Banner Making

Hello Bestfriends,

This is Velisha, your admin. I am so sorry for the late post. But here is the report of our 2013 Xmas Project.

We did our first International project for Boyfriend. It started with Kelly’s (leejeongminnie) idea, since she already made Christmas project for Boyfriend for the last 2 years via her BoyFriend News tumblr. I’m Your Bestfriend Forum joined forces and planning the Christmas project. Let me tell you how it goes…

Sending them gifts are common, right? I wanted something different this time, and to be honest, right now I don’t remember how and why I came up with the selca banner idea LOL

So aside from sending Boyfriend the Christmas gifts, we also had Bestfriend Selca Banner. I wanted Boyfriend to see Bestfriends’ pretty smiles. I wanted to show them that they are not the only ones who can take cute selcas ahahaha…

The project itself was launched on August 22, 2013. Unfortunately, with the lack of Boyfriend activity in Korea and there was no news about the long-awaited Korean comeback, not many Bestfriends responded to the project.

We worked so hard to promote the forum, we asked many fanbases to help too, but sadly still not enough responds. Were Bestfriends gone already? Did they leave Boyfriend already?

Of course not.

Despite the lack of respond, I am surprised to find great responds from some Bestfriends. They helped us a lot in promoting the project, even translating it into different languages. Little by little, I saw the result of their hard work. I cried and thanked them from the bottom of my heart, and feel proud to be a part of Bestfriend fandom. I clearly see that Bestfriends are nice and they love Boyfriend so much.

When all selcas were collected, then it was time to make the actual banner. It sounds easy ne? Just stick all the selca to the banner and done. Well… in reality, it is not that easy LOL

The initial plan was to have the banner printed, which is pretty easy aside from the Photoshop work. Unfortunately, we had to cut the cost and I decided to make the banner myself.

First thing to do is to design the banner.

desg_zpsc0a30aba.jpg

Look simple right?

Not really. Because everything needs to be measured. How big is the fabric base, how big is each selca to fit the banner.  Everything needs math (I hate math).

After calculating all the measurement, next is making a dummy. Because what if something is wrong, there is no way I can make another banner.

I worked on it until late at night.

yoru_zps304ccc6b.jpg

When morning came, I could see the dummy better LOL

dumm_zpsb5ffaa7f.jpg

Next is to make it come true.

How I wish I could make this banner together with Bestfriends. It would be so fun making it while listening to Boyfriend’s songs and spazzing about their awesomeness.

But if you live in the USA, you can forget about having a fellow kpop fan come over to your house. Most of us live far away from each other (missing my hometown, Jakarta & Bandung, so much LOL).

Okay, on to our BF mission!
My first stop was my favorite craft store downtown, where I could get all the material for the banner. But picking the fabric was not an easy task!

fab_zpsdfa621fa.jpg

After discussing it with the Project Leader, Kelly, we finally decided on Blue & White/Silver Christmas theme instead of the traditional Red & Green theme.

And we need some decorations too. Aren’t they pretty?

dec_zpsb3fcf914.jpg

Actually there are some more but I forgot to take picture OTL

So I got the fabric, but all the selcas were still in my computer. I wish they could magically fly out and stick to the fabric LOL Time to do the magic of Photoshop.

Before I could do more, I had to travel out of town for Infinite Concert, but I still worked on editing the selca along the way. Of course, Boyfriend always kept me company.

After editing the selcas with Photoshop, I had to try the printing out to make sure it would come out with the correct size. It only missed a bit but I had to fix them. Mind you, there are a few hundreds of selcas.

Finally got the selcas printed!!!

seruka_zps63627db6.jpg

OMG NO WONDER BOYFRIEND CALL US ‘BEAUTIES’ AND ‘PRETTIES’

ALL BESTFRIENDS ARE PRETTY~~~~

*cough*

And handsome.

Yay for BOYFRIEND Fanboys!

Now I had to work on the fabric. After I bought it, I had the rim sewed with sewing machine. There was electric sewing machine at the craft store where you can use for free, but alas, I am not a good crafter and the last time I used a sewing machine was years ago with my grandma’s old manual sewing machine LOL I failed.

I had to undo all the stitches and decided to use fabric glue to do the rim of the banner. I also had to iron the rim before applying the glue so it would not come off easily and it was neater that way.

sass_zpscbd7dd9e.jpg

Done ironing, done gluing. So tired. And my best friend, Miss Sassy, is tired too LOL

Next is sewing the ribbon for the hanger, just in case Boyfriend wants to hang this banner somewhere *wishful thinking* Thank goodness my mom taught me how to hand-sew. Bestfriends, learning how to hand-sew is important for girls!

I also sewn the blue ribbons to mark all the folding. You will see what I mean later.

fold_zps8fe9ef75.jpg

Now that I had the fabric and the selcas, let’s lay everything out. You can see it was getting real now.

bldumm_zpsa7901a2c.jpg

Time to glue all the selca!

gl_zpsef46dea2.jpg

rw_zps842d29a2.jpg

If you ask, why the selca are placed un-evenly (more like in groups/blocks), it is not because I grouped selcas in any particular order. Selcas were put in alphabetical order based on the country.

cls_zpse675d276.jpg

The reason is… to make room for the folding. To make sure when the banner is folded, no selca get folded in the middle. That is, Bestfriends, called logic. And math. I still hate math eventhough we need it.

That is the purpose of the baby blue ribbon sewn on the rim, to mark where it is supposed to be folded. Even after sewed it in advance, the folding missed the mark a little bit, but it didn’t really matter.

And the banner slowly came to life.

lif_zps7dc74f30.jpg

centr_zpsfdf431ee.jpg

I decided to make simple decoration, less than what was planned in the beginning. Sometimes less is better.

Silver heart as the symbol of our love for Boyfriend ^__^

har_zps0a623626.jpg

These silver bells are tribute to Kwangmin’s “DING DONG!” in Pinky Santa’s MV LOL

bel_zps0c44454b.jpg

The hardest part was the blue & silver letters for our forum text. I couldn’t find the right paper, and the one I had was SO HARD to cut! It was messy, but I hope Boyfriend won’t notice ehehehehe Mianhae~~

frm_zps0583487e.jpg

And this is the final result.

fin_zpsd9ce587a.jpg

I had to stand on my bed and put my camera waaaay up high to capture the whole banner.

Height: 1,31 m // 51.5 inch (4.3 feet)

Weight: 2,84 m // 111.81 inch (9.32 feet)

Not bad huh?

And I wrapped the gifts from Bestfriends.

gif_zps0afe654a.jpg

Printed out the messages.

msg_zps618a144f.jpg

Finally it’s time to fold the banner….

box_zpse7bb0666.jpg

Jihyeon-ssi added a cute gag message, to prepare Boyfriend for our surprise.

out_zpsea26ec96.jpg

When everything was done, I shipped all to my friend in Korea. She delivered the project to Starship Ent office on Tuesday, December 18, 2013. It was a day before Boyfriend Movie Date. My friend messaged me afterwards and said the receptionist let her go up to the 2nd floor, and one of Boyfriend member opened the door for her and bowed to her 90 degree, but she didn’t know who. My friend is not a fan (she went to Kim Woobin fanmeet before went to Starship LOL) of Boyfriend, but she knows the Twins. She said one of the twins was there too. She said, now she respected Boyfriend because they are so polite. The Starship staff didn’t allow her to take proof picture ‘though.

So, how was it? I hope all Bestfriends who participated in this project are satisfied. I tried my best but I am not a good crafter. Please forgive me for my elementary student crafting skill.

The banner stayed in my room for weeks and when it was gone and sent to Boyfriend, I really missed it LOL

I must say that this is one tough project. Mainly because I had to do almost everything by myself in making the banner. And there were many problems along the way that stressed me out, but finally we could pull this off.

But I also have to say that I got help from so many Bestfriends in the world. I heart you all. I am so happy and touched.

If you are a Bestfriend, I hope now you know that Bestfriends are everywhere and still loyal to Boyfriend. Even if we don’t speak the same language, even if we are miles apart, even if we never meet each other. Bestfriends exist and are standing with Boyfriend until the end. I am proud to be a Bestfriend.

Let’s support Boyfriend together!

THANKS TO:

All the forum members

Kelly

Jihyeon

Bea

Pao

Songil

JeDaLee

Chellowmin

Pikachujas

YoungYan

Cacao

Gjo

Pororomins

AlexDenisov

All our twitter followers

Bestfriends from Arab, Argentina, Australia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Finland, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Khazakstan, Mexico, Myanmar, Peru, The Philippines, Russia, Spain, Singapore, Thailand, United Kingdom, USA, Venezuela and Vietnam.

• minw0o, Gummieice, jhietery and 21 others like this

minwoo_zpszoa7q2u1.png

#2 pujinuna

pujinuna

Advanced Member

• Donor
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:♥Donghyun♥

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

kyaaaaaa thats really REALLY great oh my God. Velisha and others did a hardwork. Thankyou so much for helping us to show our love to Boyfriend ^0^ omg really nice and touching. Thankyouu♡♡♡♡♡

Posted ImagePosted Image

:wub: 永遠に BE MY SHINE 抱きしめて :wub:

#3 XueluvChoco

XueluvChoco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:KWANGMIN but other members are ruining my list ><

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

Ohmygosh,its prettyyy <3 its so nice to see bestfriends all around the world work together to make this project successful! Great work guys! Bestfriends will appreciate ur hardwork :)

#4 CuteySky21

CuteySky21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:YoungKwang

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

They are soooo awesome! And you are one awesome BestFriend too! Thank you so much for all of your hardwork! Though I can't my face (yet XD).

I literally scream when you said that your friend met BOYFRIEND oppa-deuls... Like literally...

And thank you so much to those who helped in this project! I truly appreciated it to the bottom of my heart~  :wub: 

• Jheraldine ❤ likes this

Just go with the flow~

tumblr_mygawkAK5H1rb42qqo1_400.gif

~My Instagram~

B) :wub: :wub: :P :wub: :wub: B)

#5 HelloBestCat

HelloBestCat

Chicken Little

• Bepeu Subs!
  • 464 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:26 PM

WOW you guys are awesome! :)
Thank you for your hard work! :')
  • Jheraldine ❤ likes this

#6 beatrooot

beatrooot

{translator} IYB Forum + @0526subs

• Translator
  • 1,443 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:쪼영쓰
  • Fave BF song:소나기

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

OMG VEL. IT LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL. Like Bestfriends we need to have a group hug. This is such a great achievement for us international fans and I would really like to thank Vel and Kelly and the other people who lead this project;;; I hope we can do more in the future~~~ <3

• babeluvsu and Jheraldine ❤ like this

"Once a dream, now a reality."

{130809} kor-eng translator for imyourbestfriend forum

{140120} kor-eng translator for 0526subbing team

Posted Image

- youngmineekkeo/beatrooot -

#7 BmerangCheoroem

BmerangCheoroem

Advanced Member

• Donor
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Kwang & Jeong

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:21 AM

wow !!! :o daebak ^^ 
thankyou for your hardwork and effort that is really beautiful :))
waaah im so amazed right now xD

awww.... how i wish we all live in the same neighborhood so we can just come at each other's house and work together

• Lee SeoYun likes this
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 bestfriend72

bestfriend72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jo Youngmin

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

WOAH!!! im so AMAZED!! its BEAUTIFUL!!!! i admire all y'all....THANK YOU SO MUCH Velisha, Kelly, Jihyeon, Bea, Pao, Songil, JeDaLee, Chellowmin, Pikachujas, YoungYan, Cacao, Gjo, Pororomins, AlexDenisov,

Bestfriends from Arab, Argentina, Australia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Finland, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Khazakstan, Mexico, Myanmar, Peru, The Philippines, Russia, Spain, Singapore, Thailand, United Kingdom, USA, Venezuela and Vietnam. it makes me really happy to be able to let Boyfriend see all of this and it makes my day to know that bestfriends are working together to make Boyfriend smile :D

• babeluvsu and pikachunijas like this

#9 minexy

minexy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jo Youngmin

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

daebak!! can I also join in your next project?
I want to participate !! jebal!!!

#10 Jheraldine ❤

Jheraldine ❤

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jo twins ❤

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

Congrats, admin! This is so daebak!!  :wub: 

사랑해 사랑해 사랑해요!~ 

2vvne2r.gif

#11 pikachunijas

pikachunijas

Kwangmin's dream buddy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:kwangmin

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:56 PM

Vel, this is really so amazing!! Thanks for your hardwork!! Yeah, I remember when you told me you were about to start making the banner.. And I was like, I wish we are all there to do it with you but still, even though we are literally miles apart, I hope you feel the love and support of BESTFRIENDS from all over the world :)) Thank you Vel and for the bestfriends who made this possible :))

gif_500x160_470d53_zps0faa070a.gif
AwwwsoCuteDancinPikachu_47bf65_4679610_zmy pikachu^^

#12 meytha

meytha

crazy of SHS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Shim Sexy Hyunseong

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

Wow thats really great Vel.. Thanks for your hardwork.. but sadly i can't participate in that project.. 

tumblr_mu0bb4SQrl1rf864uo1_250.gif

:wub: MY SHIM ‘SEXY’ HYUNSEONG  :wub: 

http://daisy0526.tumblr.com

#13 Lee SeoYun

Lee SeoYun

Advanced Member

• Bestfriend Global Mods
  • 48 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jeongmin

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:46 AM

Well, i had to post a message here, it's late but... Wah. I admit it, I cried why reading your post, seeing the picture. I see the love from Bestfriends to boyfriend even if they re not making korean comeback and all.. This was so touching, i can't believe it. I am really proud even if I could not help much, Boyfriend France too. I hope it helped a little so.

I cried reading your post because I just realized how I missed them, and how I am thankful towards them.. They are giving us so much.

Seeing your friend was able to deliver hand to hand the present, i just want to hug you.

For Velisha who did the banner, Thank you. You can be proud, you are truly amazing! I am sure Boyfriend know our love now, thanks to this project !

Thank you everyone, you made me dream, and even if you made me cry (lol), I am proud to be a bestfriend seeing this ! ♥ Love you all !

• Velisha and babeluvsu like this

tumblr_mi0wagFJtT1rq2g6so5_250.gif547852001394132783.giftumblr_mi0wagFJtT1rq2g6so2_250.gif

#14 Velisha

Velisha

Forever Bestfriend

• Admin
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:13 AM

Well, i had to post a message here, it's late but... Wah. I admit it, I cried why reading your post, seeing the picture. I see the love from Bestfriends to boyfriend even if they re not making korean comeback and all.. This was so touching, i can't believe it. I am really proud even if I could not help much, Boyfriend France too. I hope it helped a little so.

I cried reading your post because I just realized how I missed them, and how I am thankful towards them.. They are giving us so much.

Seeing your friend was able to deliver hand to hand the present, i just want to hug you.

For Velisha who did the banner, Thank you. You can be proud, you are truly amazing! I am sure Boyfriend know our love now, thanks to this project !

Thank you everyone, you made me dream, and even if you made me cry (lol), I am proud to be a bestfriend seeing this ! ♥ Love you all !

Thank you for supporting this forum & project since the beginning! I wish I could speak French so I can communicate better with you guys!

Please keep contact, we should really do stuffs together because we are all Bestfriends <3
Wait for our new project, I will try to organize it better this time ^__^

• chellowmin07 likes this

minwoo_zpszoa7q2u1.png

#15 leejeongminnie

leejeongminnie

jeongmin simpson

• Global Mod
  • 281 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:JEONGMIN MY FAVORITE MEME
  • Fave BF song:약속할게!! thanks jeong

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

OH MY GOSH VEL. YOUR ENTRY IS JUST AMAZING OKAY. THE FACT THAT BOYFRIEND SAW US... OMG... BOYFRIEND RECEIVED OUR GIFTS OMGOGMOGMOGOMGOGOMGM 

lies down and screams*****

#16 Lee SeoYun

Lee SeoYun

Advanced Member

• Bestfriend Global Mods
  • 48 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jeongmin

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:19 AM

We will I promise !!!! We should really create something amazing all together ♥

tumblr_mi0wagFJtT1rq2g6so5_250.gif547852001394132783.giftumblr_mi0wagFJtT1rq2g6so2_250.gif

#17 Velisha

Velisha

Forever Bestfriend

• Admin
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:18 AM

Thank you Bestfriends for your support. It really keeps me going no matter how hard the project is. And encourages me to make more projects to show Bestfriends' love to Boyfriend

minwoo_zpszoa7q2u1.png

#18 jhietery

jhietery

광민이 베프

• 0526 Subbing Team
  • 344 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:조광민 / 동현.. ^^

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:34 AM

OMG.. sob* sob* sob*...

vel i really love the banner,, it's amazing.... sorry i didn't help you though.. very busy in work,..and i really missed you.. all of you... thanks for making that gorgeous banner,,, i know boyfriend will treasure it.. (oppas better to treausre that banner!!!) 

I'll keep in touch with you guys... ppyong..

• Velisha likes this

#19 dellamelia

dellamelia

• Donor
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:JeongWoo

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

Wow its very awesome *_*
Thank you for your hard work ^^
  • Velisha likes this

#20 KaniaSukma

KaniaSukma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:can't choose one, they're all perfect

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

omg this is so touching :")
thank you for all your hardwork and dedicate for us, i can't believe i allowed to know this world, being a part of bestfriend :")
omg if you can see i'm crying while reading your story, i hope i can be there and help you :") and i'm so sorry i can't help much :")
and for your friend at korea, ummm, she is so freaking lucky! ><

( lol i think i put too much cried emoticon here haha but thats all i feel :") )
  • Velisha likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: project, staff diary

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fanne95 : (20 June 2019 - 12:53 AM) Hello :)
@  LeeJeongRhie : (19 June 2019 - 12:58 AM) Hi~
@  Fanne95 : (27 May 2019 - 01:42 AM) @silverrara I know I was shocked too :(
@  silverrara : (18 May 2019 - 11:18 AM) boyfriend disbanded. Just why..??!!
@  auxilia : (12 February 2019 - 10:11 AM) Happy Donghyun Day 2019... time flies so fast, it's 2019 already >_< we barely hang out here TT
@  3rdbutton : (15 April 2018 - 04:06 AM) Hello, its been a looooong timeee
@  LeeJeongRhie : (02 April 2018 - 12:17 PM) anyone?
@  rafacha : (12 February 2018 - 09:27 PM) Happy Donghyun day!! :)
@  Deisy : (12 February 2018 - 03:54 PM) Había perdido este lugar y al fin lo encontré nuevamente.. Feliz San Valentin para los que quedan. Aún este lugar funciona?
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) advance happy valentine's day
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) this place is still here..
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 10:51 PM) Can I know where can I find wonder boy episode 8
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 08:54 PM) Hi! I'm new here.. Can I join this?
@  auxilia : (15 December 2017 - 09:04 PM) #13 is up ^^ i mean at my blog
@  yhen_26 : (22 October 2017 - 12:05 AM) Hi!! I am just a newbie to the fandom... Please take care of me :)))
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:27 PM) I'm back, it's  been so long i didn't come to this forum
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:26 PM) Annyeong bestfriend!!!
@  auxilia : (06 October 2017 - 06:16 PM) I'm back... anyone??
@  silverrara : (23 September 2017 - 10:48 AM) i wonder if boyfriend know this forum
@  Fanne95 : (24 August 2017 - 09:56 PM) Annyeong Bepues!!^^hahaha XD
@  Juli_min23 : (17 August 2017 - 06:18 AM) Hello
@  DandyPikachu : (01 August 2017 - 04:24 AM) Ah, I don't think there are any active sites that focus on Boyfriend alone, but photos you can probably get at the fansites that Korean Bepeus have! Or any Bestfriend really haha
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:14 PM) I just want to ask if anyone of you knows some fan website where I can get photos and information of Boyfriend such as www.boyfriendboyband.wordpress.com (?)  :dhthanks:
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:01 PM) Hi, Beppeus!  :lol:
@  Sami98 : (28 July 2017 - 02:15 AM) I'm so grateful to have found this forum. I don't know many Bestfriends outside of my friends (most of which I made them Bestfriends) so I hope I can make new friends here!