✿Donghyun's Wife✿

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:❤Leader❤

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

sistar___alone_wallpaper_by_strawhat143-

source: http://www.allkpop.c...t#axzz2lQG1oOXD

I was read a news that "Loen Entertainment in the process of buying and taking over Starship Entertainment" it was shocking. I don't know what should i say, i know Loen Ent. is pretty well run a company and promoting their artist and i like Loen better than SM ent... but i feel worry with our beloved BOYFRIEND, hope Starship can handle their artist in he future.

Starship Fighting!!!!!!!

• jhietery and Heniismawati like this

BESTFRIEND always beside BOYFRIEND

tumblr_static_2_zpsf68a60cd.gif

❤Lovely_KDH❤

#2 DandyPikachu

DandyPikachu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Youngmin and Kwangmin

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:48 AM

Eh!?! Why? D:

*loud duck noises plays in the background*

#3 Shazysweet

Shazysweet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:All <3

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

i knew it!! its real!!! i thought its just joking or some thing like that...

starship!!! dont let them buy and take over your agency!!
you might lose some fans that you already have!!!
please im begging!!

how can i stop this??
(sorry i just to emotional bout the news. its so .... heartbreaking(?) n if they really take over starship, this might be my last comment here) TT^TT
  • lovelyKDH likes this

#4 bopxbep

bopxbep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Freaky boy,4D aka JO KWANGMIN

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

i hope NO

• lovelyKDH likes this

#5 leejeongminnie

leejeongminnie

jeongmin simpson

• Global Mod
  • 281 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:JEONGMIN MY FAVORITE MEME
  • Fave BF song:약속할게!! thanks jeong

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

eh, i can see why this would happen because maybe starship needs the money. Although i don't hate LOEN, i don't like them immensely either. I'll just try to stay positive with the thought that if Starship is purchased by loen then at least we won't have to worry about money problems within the company interfering with their artists music and activities

• lovelyKDH likes this

#6 kwangchupacabra

kwangchupacabra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:what's boyfriend where am i

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

honestly it depends on the details. usually when companies are bought and sold, all of the employees stay employed (ex. managers, producers, marketing, etc) and the only thing that changes is the company's ownership. when you consider the position of whoever owns starship, if the money loen offers is more than the stresses of owning it, i would do the same thing. taking the money and running is usually a good idea when you're at a financial disadvantage. (plus $13 million USD holy frick are the starship buildings made of gold??!?!?)

all that aside, my point is that everything should remain quite similar on the surface. maybe some music videos will be placed on loen's channel, but i don't think loen would do that right away and alienate all the subscribers starshiptv has. honestly, i think starship will remain as some sort of sub-label of loen (at least i hope so, because i like the logo heh heh)

my point is most of the changes will be behind the scenes, so bestfriends shouldn't worry ^^ if anything, boyfriend will be better off with the advantage of loen's added marketing team and connections with producer, choreographers, and the like~ i'm hoping for the best!

• Velisha, beatrooot, spiritkiss501 and 1 other like this

~kwangchu time~

tumblr_m7y31x8vZY1r9awtj.gif

#7 BmerangCheoroem

BmerangCheoroem

Advanced Member

• Donor
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Kwang & Jeong

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

:(((( i hope they take good care of BOYFRIEND!!! 

• lovelyKDH likes this
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 tsoul

tsoul

Bestfriend

• Translator
  • 851 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Donghyun

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

I honestly don't know what to think about this merge... I am confused.

First of all I don't get why Starship is selling the company. Remember they talked with SM a few months ago? and now they are pretty much closing the deal with LOEN? then why they created a Sub label 'Starship X'? What about Mad Clown?

I have no idea WHY they are selling when they are one of the companies with most profit on the industry!!

On the other hand, it is good that Starship artists can be part of a bigger company which holds more opportunities for them, both in Korea as overseas but I am still a little afraid that our boys would be left out and I will miss the Starship Planet Christmas Songs...

So, here is my wish: A new LOEN  sub-label. You know Loen has already two sub labels?? Loen tree and colaboradadi ?? So what about a new sub label where ALL of Starship employees (producers, choreographers, artist, etc) can work happily and keep being successful??

I don't know... someone who knows about the music industry can explain me what is going on?   :( 

• spiritkiss501, lovelyKDH, Heniismawati and 2 others like this

Check out my fanfics at: http://www.asianfanf...tories/194471/L

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND

Tsoul ... TSUBASASOUL

#9 bfobsession

bfobsession

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jo Youngmin

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

i just have done read the article and .. fhrhke NO 

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

He has everything .. lol

#10 Heniismawati

Heniismawati

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:JO TWINS

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

all the thing can happend, whatever happend with them but i wish BOYFRIEND and all of starship idol still can be exist, we never know what happen in the future, just hope the best for them. because we just can do this and just can still to support them >.<
wish the best for all of starship planet idols -_-

1459725_472720042836556_1711142185_n.jpg

• lovelyKDH and Heniismawati like this

:wub: I LOVE YOU  :wub:

YOUNGMIN & KWANGMIN

BECAUSE I'M ROYALTIES & CHAMPIONS

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

tumblr_ml9wmbgLLA1rwxt6fo1_250.gif

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

#11 Latte

Latte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jeongmin

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

Wait.What? NOOO~~~~~~~~
...but maybe this is a good opportunity.... but still....
urgh...I confuse... :wacko: 
this is just too sudden for me....
and this isn't the same as SM cc or whatever it was :mellow: 
This is a company buy other company...
I just can wish good luck for them...

• lovelyKDH and Heniismawati like this

#12 spiritkiss501

spiritkiss501

Advanced Member

• 247 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:jo twins

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

i'm with tsoul.. lost and confused. i need an explanation to understand it all. 

sig is down will put back soon thank you!
glitter made by angelicinnocence avatar by RHM

#13 hyrpery

hyrpery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Youngmin

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:53 AM

I honestly don't know what to think about this merge... I am confused.

First of all I don't get why Starship is selling the company. Remember they talked with SM a few months ago? and now they are pretty much closing the deal with LOEN? then why they created a Sub label 'Starship X'? What about Mad Clown?

I have no idea WHY they are selling when they are one of the companies with most profit on the industry!!

On the other hand, it is good that Starship artists can be part of a bigger company which holds more opportunities for them, both in Korea as overseas but I am still a little afraid that our boys would be left out and I will miss the Starship Planet Christmas Songs...

So, here is my wish: A new LOEN  sub-label. You know Loen has already two sub labels?? Loen tree and colaboradadi ?? So what about a new sub label where ALL of Starship employees (producers, choreographers, artist, etc) can work happily and keep being successful??

I don't know... someone who knows about the music industry can explain me what is going on?   :( 

First: The talk with SM is pretty much just journalist's baseless rumour

Second: This is not a "merge", this is a "take over". The difference between them is that "merge" is often happens with 2 companies of the same size, which is clearly not true in this case. And both company lose its brand name and create a new brand together (Woollim Ent and SM C&C is one example, they create a new brand: Woolim Label).

In this case, Loen clearly claim ownership of Starship, both the brand name "Starship" and "Loen" will not cease to exist, but "Starship" will become a sub-brand under "Loen" brand (just like how Diet Coke is a sub-brand under Coca Cola brand), and similarly, Starship will become a sub-label of Loen. Of course, the sub-label Starship X will follow Starship to Loen as well, it'll be a sub-label of a sub-label (not so weird if you know how many layers of sub-label Microsoft has)

Third: no Starship are not one of companies with most profit in the industry, they are one of the companies with most PROFIT RATIO. These two concept is very different. Profit is how many more money you obtain, profit ratio is how many more money you obtain IN RELATION to the capital you spent.

For example, Company X invests $100 millions, and they get $105 millions, the profit is $5 million, and the profit ratio is 5%. And then we have company Y which spents $100,000, and gets $200,000; the profit is $100,000, but the profit ratio is 100%!!
You can see that company Y have much higher profit ratio but the profit is still so much smaller than company X with profit ratio of 5%.
Generally, in business industry, mega-sized companies tend to have small profit ratio. Small but successful companies get much higher profit ratio.

Fourth: The company I work part-time for also experience a take over several year ago, And till this day they still complain about "not comprehend that company's employee's way of working". This has me worry because the two companies may not agree about how to operate and hinder our beloved artists T^T

Fifth: The president of Starship may likely still be Kim Si Dae, he is just not owning the company anymore, but he still leads the company and has every says about how to promotes the artists. The only difference now is that Starship will have access to Loen's immense fund and connections in the industry, and in return, they share a bit of their profit with Loen... And yes, employees's disagreement

P/S: If you're still confused just ask. I'm not English native speaker and my explanation may be a little bit hard fo understand if you're not studying finance

• lovelyKDH, kwangchupacabra, lily \(^_^)/ and 4 others like this

#14 tsoul

tsoul

Bestfriend

• Translator
  • 851 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Donghyun

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:06 AM

First: The talk with SM is pretty much just journalist's baseless rumour

Second: This is not a "merge", this is a "take over". The difference between them is that "merge" is often happens with 2 companies of the same size, which is clearly not true in this case. And both company lose its brand name and create a new brand together (Woollim Ent and SM C&C is one example, they create a new brand: Woolim Label).

In this case, Loen clearly claim ownership of Starship, both the brand name "Starship" and "Loen" will not cease to exist, but "Starship" will become a sub-brand under "Loen" brand (just like how Diet Coke is a sub-brand under Coca Cola brand), and similarly, Starship will become a sub-label of Loen. Of course, the sub-label Starship X will follow Starship to Loen as well, it'll be a sub-label of a sub-label (not so weird if you know how many layers of sub-label Microsoft has)

Third: no Starship are not one of companies with most profit in the industry, they are one of the companies with most PROFIT RATIO. These two concept is very different. Profit is how many more money you obtain, profit ratio is how many more money you obtain IN RELATION to the capital you spent.

For example, Company X invests $100 millions, and they get $105 millions, the profit is $5 million, and the profit ratio is 5%. And then we have company Y which spents $100,000, and gets $200,000; the profit is $100,000, but the profit ratio is 100%!!
You can see that company Y have much higher profit ratio but the profit is still so much smaller than company X with profit ratio of 5%.
Generally, in business industry, mega-sized companies tend to have small profit ratio. Small but successful companies get much higher profit ratio.

Fourth: The company I work part-time for also experience a take over several year ago, And till this day they still complain about "not comprehend that company's employee's way of working". This has me worry because the two companies may not agree about how to operate and hinder our beloved artists T^T

Fifth: The president of Starship may likely still be Kim Si Dae, he is just not owning the company anymore, but he still leads the company and has every says about how to promotes the artists. The only difference now is that Starship will have access to Loen's immense fund and connections in the industry, and in return, they share a bit of their profit with Loen... And yes, employees's disagreement

P/S: If you're still confused just ask. I'm not English native speaker and my explanation may be a little bit hard fo understand if you're not studying finance

Thanks for the explanation!!!  :D 

I kind of get what is going on now but I still feel a little unsure about this.... I like the small and happy Starship Family but it can be cool to add some LOEN cousins, right??....

The only thing I want is that they promote Boyfriend the right way. Don't make them change drastically or do something too crazy. And PLEASE LET THEM HAVE A COMEBACK!!!  -_- 

• Heniismawati likes this

Check out my fanfics at: http://www.asianfanf...tories/194471/L

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND

Tsoul ... TSUBASASOUL

#15 sasa26chan

sasa26chan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Shim Hyun Seong

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

Just one thing, I hope loen can make boyfriend focus on korean music industry.. I mean.. They have been focusing themselves in japan.. Just too much..
And I think loen isn't that bad..
I just hope the best for them.. <3
  • innocentruru and lovelyKDH like this

#16 BF Frixy

BF Frixy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Jo Kwangmin

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

I seriously don't know what to say. We can't assume for sure that after they 'merge' (or however it is termed) Boyfriend will receive better promotions or the other way around.. All I know is that I'm kinda scared if this happens. I'm scared because we don't have any idea if it turns well or not.. For now i think I don't want this negotiation to happen.. but of course. i don't know for sure.. Let's just hope for the best.

Boyfriend Hwaiting!! ♥

• lovelyKDH likes this

#17 pikachunijas

pikachunijas

Kwangmin's dream buddy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:kwangmin

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

Maybe as a bestfriend, I am also quite confused and scared about this.

It's not like Boyfriend along with Sistar and K.Will will be out of the picture or whatever but that merge or take-over whatever is a common scene to every industry, right?? I mean, in the first year of the the merge, they will show that they are prioritizing them and on the succeeding years, who knows what is gonna happen?? (it's not that I'm being so negative about this. . but this is what I feel.)

Starship please NO!!!

gif_500x160_470d53_zps0faa070a.gif
AwwwsoCuteDancinPikachu_47bf65_4679610_zmy pikachu^^

#18 CuteySky21

CuteySky21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:YoungKwang

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

For me, I really don't know what to say 'cause marketing or business is really not my thing. But I really don't want Starship to agree. Maybe they can prove that they can be a company like SM too. I don't know...

Starship Family FIGHTING!!!

Just go with the flow~

tumblr_mygawkAK5H1rb42qqo1_400.gif

~My Instagram~

B) :wub: :wub: :P :wub: :wub: B)

#19 kwangchupacabra

kwangchupacabra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:what's boyfriend where am i

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:03 AM

Maybe as a bestfriend, I am also quite confused and scared about this.

It's not like Boyfriend along with Sistar and K.Will will be out of the picture or whatever but that merge or take-over whatever is a common scene to every industry, right?? I mean, in the first year of the the merge, they will show that they are prioritizing them and on the succeeding years, who knows what is gonna happen?? (it's not that I'm being so negative about this. . but this is what I feel.)

Starship please NO!!!

For me, I really don't know what to say 'cause marketing or business is really not my thing. But I really don't want Starship to agree. Maybe they can prove that they can be a company like SM too. I don't know...

Starship Family FIGHTING!!!

pikachunijas:

I wouldn't worry about Starship artists not getting spotlight! Loen wouldn't be in negotiations with Starship if the artists on the Starship label weren't collectively worth $13 million USD. It seems that Loen is willing to spend a lot of money to tap into the success of Sistar and K.Will, and Boyfriend's Japanese activities as well. Loen would not spend all this money just to forget about Starship artists, they're investing in Starship to profit (which is a very smart investment in my opinion). Plus, think of all the great connections Starship artists will gain from the takeover: IU, Fiestar, Sunny Hill, Zia, plus producers Ra.D and Shinsadong Tiger. You can read all about their connections on their wikipedia page here

I think Starship artists should be just fine~

CuteSky21:

It is nearly impossible for Starship to become a giant like SM ;; That window of opportunity closed when K-pop started, and it would take the fall of one of the big companies for Starship to open it again. The money that the owners of Starship would get from this is more than enough to last someone 6 lifetimes, so I don't see the negotiations ending without a takeover. But as I explained above, Loen will take great care of Starship artists. Changes like this are nerve-wracking (I'm kind of scared for it too), just like all changes are, but all we can do is see the positive and hope for the best! ^^

• lovelyKDH likes this

~kwangchu time~

tumblr_m7y31x8vZY1r9awtj.gif

#20 meytha

meytha

crazy of SHS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Boyfriend bias:Shim Sexy Hyunseong

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

i just prefer BF, Sistar, n K.Will oppa still in Starship..

or they make another companies who only three of them..

it would be better than join with LOEN..

NOOOOO.. I don't like it.. especialy there is IU..

i don't wanna BF get closer with 'that girl'.. (Sorry)   :wacko:

• meytha, lindaaa, Heniismawati and 1 other like this

tumblr_mu0bb4SQrl1rf864uo1_250.gif

:wub: MY SHIM ‘SEXY’ HYUNSEONG  :wub: 

http://daisy0526.tumblr.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: news, starship ent, loen ent, boyfriend, sistar, k.will

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fanne95 : (20 June 2019 - 12:53 AM) Hello :)
@  LeeJeongRhie : (19 June 2019 - 12:58 AM) Hi~
@  Fanne95 : (27 May 2019 - 01:42 AM) @silverrara I know I was shocked too :(
@  silverrara : (18 May 2019 - 11:18 AM) boyfriend disbanded. Just why..??!!
@  auxilia : (12 February 2019 - 10:11 AM) Happy Donghyun Day 2019... time flies so fast, it's 2019 already >_< we barely hang out here TT
@  3rdbutton : (15 April 2018 - 04:06 AM) Hello, its been a looooong timeee
@  LeeJeongRhie : (02 April 2018 - 12:17 PM) anyone?
@  rafacha : (12 February 2018 - 09:27 PM) Happy Donghyun day!! :)
@  Deisy : (12 February 2018 - 03:54 PM) Había perdido este lugar y al fin lo encontré nuevamente.. Feliz San Valentin para los que quedan. Aún este lugar funciona?
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) advance happy valentine's day
@  jhietery : (11 February 2018 - 04:25 PM) this place is still here..
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 10:51 PM) Can I know where can I find wonder boy episode 8
@  Maisarah_nev... : (20 January 2018 - 08:54 PM) Hi! I'm new here.. Can I join this?
@  auxilia : (15 December 2017 - 09:04 PM) #13 is up ^^ i mean at my blog
@  yhen_26 : (22 October 2017 - 12:05 AM) Hi!! I am just a newbie to the fandom... Please take care of me :)))
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:27 PM) I'm back, it's  been so long i didn't come to this forum
@  fedianto : (16 October 2017 - 10:26 PM) Annyeong bestfriend!!!
@  auxilia : (06 October 2017 - 06:16 PM) I'm back... anyone??
@  silverrara : (23 September 2017 - 10:48 AM) i wonder if boyfriend know this forum
@  Fanne95 : (24 August 2017 - 09:56 PM) Annyeong Bepues!!^^hahaha XD
@  Juli_min23 : (17 August 2017 - 06:18 AM) Hello
@  DandyPikachu : (01 August 2017 - 04:24 AM) Ah, I don't think there are any active sites that focus on Boyfriend alone, but photos you can probably get at the fansites that Korean Bepeus have! Or any Bestfriend really haha
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:14 PM) I just want to ask if anyone of you knows some fan website where I can get photos and information of Boyfriend such as www.boyfriendboyband.wordpress.com (?)  :dhthanks:
@  elji_annicam... : (29 July 2017 - 07:01 PM) Hi, Beppeus!  :lol:
@  Sami98 : (28 July 2017 - 02:15 AM) I'm so grateful to have found this forum. I don't know many Bestfriends outside of my friends (most of which I made them Bestfriends) so I hope I can make new friends here!